MEMBER'S CHOICE: F4U-1A of Lt. William Case, VMF-214 Blacksheep, Sept. 1943

Thanks for the comments fellas, not too shabby for my 5th model huh???

Incredible progress in short period of time Dan. I've been fallowing your projects in "Defence of the Reich" GB - Bf 109G-6 (of JG 54) and Fw 190D-9 (of JV 44). And there were your other two builds - Bf 109F and Fw 190A-8, if I'm not mistaken? Yep, Corsair if the fifth project. :shock:
 
Frikk'in Magnificent Dan she looks dead on and the gunports look much tamer,good job.She will place very well Sir.Cheers ole Boy Kevin :occasion5:
 
Appreciate the kind comments VB, B-17, Igor and Kev... Yep, my 5th airplane, and I owe all my increasing skills to the members here....

Kevin, Im not getting judged with this model, as Im now a Judge, but will have her entered in the Members Choice Poll for sure.....
 
I'm actually speechless, Les. One might initially give you some grief over the white on the tires, but knowing the sand color of the typical PTO tarmac was actually crushed shells, you hit it out of the ball park. Your weathering is superb, my friend. A wonderful build. Well done all around.

[Note: I will not be in the judging committee]
 
Beautiful job, and a moving tribute to your Gramps. Can't believe it's just your fifth model:shock:

Guess you've just got the knack . And from what I've seen here, some very skilled mentors.

JL
 
Fantastic,beautiful, great workmanship. I am awestruck by yours and others on this board that take the time to reproduce these classics..Cheers..........
 
Yep, BEAUTIFUL work Dan! Not just a fine tribute to your grandfather, but another fantastic milestone in your own progress.
full credit to ya.

Thanks too for the info re the flap settings in the other thread - you went by photos, I believe you. Great work mate!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back