Messerschmitt Makeover.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Evan. Looking forward to the BoB GB now, so that I can do another one, properly this time, and try to improve the Hasegawa kit too, as an 'E3'.

Great job on the restoration. I sometimes question whether or not it's worth doing but you've made a very good argument for doing it.

happy0034.gif

I've been a bit slack and have not looked in here for a while, I know, somewhat remiss of me, but damn me T this is turning into one fine refurbishment, she looks just fantastic.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks very much for the kind words guys, it really is appreciated.
Gary, one of these days I'll get around to doing a '109 cockpit. If I had the space and cash, I'd go the whole hog and make a full-sized replica!

Probably the 'E', although the internal fittings and seat of the 'F' or 'G' would be easier. For a full sized replaica, there's other considerations, such as spinner shapes, and the angles and curves on cowlings.

Thanks Ronald. I wasn't able to find a picture if the man himself. I noticed your other post also, and although it's possible he's still alive, I think it unlikely. He could have possibly been moved form a UK PoW camp to Canada during WW2, and from there, who knows after the war.

there something satisfying about restoring an old kit,i think i enjoy it more than building a new one,what a fantastic job you have made of this one,well done mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back