Messerschmitt Makeover.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Evan. Looking forward to the BoB GB now, so that I can do another one, properly this time, and try to improve the Hasegawa kit too, as an 'E3'.

Great job on the restoration. I sometimes question whether or not it's worth doing but you've made a very good argument for doing it.

I've been a bit slack and have not looked in here for a while, I know, somewhat remiss of me, but damn me T this is turning into one fine refurbishment, she looks just fantastic.

Thanks very much for the kind words guys, it really is appreciated.
Gary, one of these days I'll get around to doing a '109 cockpit. If I had the space and cash, I'd go the whole hog and make a full-sized replica!

Probably the 'E', although the internal fittings and seat of the 'F' or 'G' would be easier. For a full sized replaica, there's other considerations, such as spinner shapes, and the angles and curves on cowlings.

Thanks Ronald. I wasn't able to find a picture if the man himself. I noticed your other post also, and although it's possible he's still alive, I think it unlikely. He could have possibly been moved form a UK PoW camp to Canada during WW2, and from there, who knows after the war.

there something satisfying about restoring an old kit,i think i enjoy it more than building a new one,what a fantastic job you have made of this one,well done mate

Users who are viewing this thread