My Truck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the biggest problem would be pollution control systems rules for getting them in the US and safety features required. Though I just read an article that mine was up in the top 8 but then again it isn't close to the pollution put out by earlier cars.

When I was over sea's I found out how cheap some of the porch, lamborghini and such where compared to over hear and then you find out all the things that have to be added if you bought it over sea's and then bring it here.

PS. sorry for the late response, Im putting in a huge amount of over time again for the holidays.!!!

Paul,

I don´think there would be a problem with a polution. The cars produced today with the diesel engines fullfil the European norms EURO4 and even EURO5 which are very strickt.
The injection system of the today´s diesel engines doesn´t have anything to do with the diesel engines produced 20 years asgo...no mechanical injection pump anymore...either common rail system with its high pressure pump and electronicaly controlled pressure regulator and electronic control system for the injector time opening or the PD system (compound injector) where each injector has its own small injection pump which is controlled by the camshaft and the time of the injector opening is controlled by the elecronic control unit again.
Those engines for sure use another technical improvements as EGR (exhaust recirculation system) etc. which all help to reduce the polution.

My opinion is that the big oil companies block the import of such a cars to USA.

Paul,

I don´think there would be a problem with a polution. The cars produced today with the diesel engines fullfil the European norms EURO4 and even EURO5 which are very strickt.
The injection system of the today´s diesel engines doesn´t have anything to do with the diesel engines produced 20 years asgo...no mechanical injection pump anymore...either common rail system with its high pressure pump and electronicaly controlled pressure regulator and electronic control system for the injector time opening or the PD system (compound injector) where each injector has its own small injection pump which is controlled by the camshaft and the time of the injector opening is controlled by the elecronic control unit again.
Those engines for sure use another technical improvements as EGR (exhaust recirculation system) etc. which all help to reduce the polution.

My opinion is that the big oil companies block the import of such a cars to USA.

Very interesting,

People here are use to gasoline engine's though the diesel is becoming more popular with bigger trucks though mine is a gasoline engine. With the new turbos for diesels that can develop as much horse power as a gasoline engine its a wonder why more diesel cars are not on the market here. Diesel cars are very rare hear or at least in the area that I live in.

Very interesting,

People here are use to gasoline engine's though the diesel is becoming more popular with bigger trucks though mine is a gasoline engine. With the new turbos for diesels that can develop as much horse power as a gasoline engine its a wonder why more diesel cars are not on the market here. Diesel cars are very rare hear or at least in the area that I live in.

I always hated the diesel engines until I drove a Golf III with its TDI engine in 1998. Since that time I prefer it.
The course of the torque is amazing and about the consumption we already spoke. The electronicaly controlled injection and turbocharger with variable geometry really deserve their credit.

Some technical info:
TDI PD system Unit Injector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Common Rail system Common rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Should I ever get a "modern" truck....

Attachments

• Dodge Midnight Express pickup.jpg
    Dodge Midnight Express pickup.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 44
Paul, when you put the FIPK K&N kit on, you will need to disconnect the battery for 2 or 3 minutes and then reconnect it. Make sure all of accesories are turned of. Start the truck, apply the emergency brake and put it in drive and let it idle for 5 minutes so that it can relearn itself. If not it won't run to good.

I always hated the diesel engines until I drove a Golf III with its TDI engine in 1998. Since that time I prefer it.
The course of the torque is amazing and about the consumption we already spoke. The electronicaly controlled injection and turbocharger with variable geometry really deserve their credit.

Some technical info:
TDI PD system Unit Injector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Common Rail system Common rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will have to check that out, the only complaint I had on diesels is I dont like the sound of them in cars. I prefer the purrr of duel exhause on a gasoline engine. Diesel always sounded good to me on the big semi rigs.

Paul, when you put the FIPK K&N kit on, you will need to disconnect the battery for 2 or 3 minutes and then reconnect it. Make sure all of accesories are turned of. Start the truck, apply the emergency brake and put it in drive and let it idle for 5 minutes so that it can relearn itself. If not it won't run to good.

Thanks Aaron for the advice. my dad just put one on his F150 king ranch. Says he loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back