MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just some more stuff from the mine during the last month or so.
wind sculpture

WOW!! You're very own "Tonka" toys, you sure got some very big mothers there.

Thanks guys. Some photos from my trip to Arizona.

That shot of the church also reminds me of the one in the movie "Guns of San Sebastian" with Anthony Quinn playing a priest. Long time ago though.

Might not be much in this small town but we do have the world's largest this.

002.jpg

003.jpg

It's a tree crusher built by Letourneau. One was shipped to Vietnam during the war to clear right of way but tests proved it was only marginally effective in water(?) and it was what some people might call a target.

Geo

I'll get a couple of better ones in the summer.

Last edited:
Got home today after a week away at work and found these pix in my email. My son is visiting his oldest sister in Victoria B.C. and they got these tattoos as a tribute to dear old Dad's insanity to all things Spitfire. Not quite the most accurate depictions but I think they are awesome. Youngest daughter wants one now. (Cellphone pictures and I tried to blow them up without too much distortion.)Son's is on the left.
mail.google3.jpg
mail.google.com4.jpg

Geo

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Tattoos. When they get older the Spitties will become a color blurred cross and the wording will be an illegible form of "leopard" or "preferred". Believe me, I know this first hand.

My Dad, a professed badass Marine with the provenance to support it, had a US Marine bulldog put on his bicep with his moniker below it "Punchy". Believe me he deserved such a moniker.

Unfortunately, nowadays is says "Lunchy".

My latest trip to work.
The Rockies
tr.jpg

tr1.jpg

tr2.jpg

tr4.jpg

tr6.jpg

My awesome car in the Rockies
tr3.jpg

Willow Creek coal mine
tr7.jpg

On the way to work I pass through Chetwynd, B.C., the chainsaw carving capital of the world
tr11.jpg

tr12.jpg

tr14.jpg

tr15.jpg

Lots of broken dreams on Highway 97
tr8.jpg

tr9.jpg

Eagle waiting it's turn at a dead moose
tr17.jpg

Dinner stop every 11th day
tr18.jpg

Cottonwood at dusk
tr16.jpg

Attachments

• tr13.jpg
    tr13.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
A few more pictures from the mine.Hopefully, this will be my last month here.
Hoe broke down, waiting for mechanics in Phase 2.
002.jpg

Sunrise.
005.jpg

Southern view from Phase 3.
006.jpg

I usually drive with my windows open.
009.jpg

Failed attempt with the self-timer in my office.
014.jpg

Phase 4 across the valley.
027.jpg

Reminded me of ancient stone paintings of a road runner and a hummingbird. Or maybe the meds kicked in.
028.jpg

Geo

The house with the green roof looks to be a "Sears" catalog home. Back in the early days of the last century the Sears and Roebuck company offered a mail order program designed to make home ownership easier for the working man, every other week you would recieve all the materials you needed, (Including nails!) to complete that particular step. I think there were five types, and the materials were the finest hard woods. I've been in a couple over the years, and wish I had one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back