MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pictures Geo! What a monster! The biggest dozer we usually see on a job is a D-5. Years ago when my son was around 6 I brought him to the job on a Saturday and a friend of mine gave him a long ride in a D-4 and even let him steer it a little. He still talks about it.

Wildlife and stuff from my last trip to work.
Some Canada Geese.
2611.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

Hooded Mergansers
269.jpg

Mallards
262.jpg

Bald Eagle
26.jpg

Raven on my Duck
261.jpg

Elk
2610.jpg

This little fellow, the Mountain Pine Beetle destroyed over 67,000 square miles of British Columbia pine forests from 2003-2008.
Capture.JPG

The after-math. Notice that only mature pine trees were affected.
263.jpg

Waterfalls
264.jpg

Geo

Last edited:
Just pulled this thread up and got to say you have done yourself proud with these shots Geo, that Bald Eagle is fantastic. Shame about the loss of all those trees though.

Thanks guys. Vic, unfortunately it's worse than the loss of trees now. In the past four months, two sawmills have exploded and were completely destroyed with the loss of four lives. Though it hasn't been confirmed yet, the cause is thought to be from the extra dry dust caused by the beetle kill logs. The government has ordered major clean-ups in the remaining mills. My wife and son work in sawmills here in Mackenzie so the incidents are always in the back of my mind.
Pix from my last trip home from work.

Osprey pair.
0061.jpg

0062.jpg

006.jpg

Mule deer with a scar on it's side.
014.jpg

Moose.
046.jpg

Haven't tracked down the breed of hawk yet
019.jpg

Night before the Super Moon.
004.jpg

Sunrise over "Big Red".
0081.jpg

Geo

This weeks trip to work.

Black Bear
today13.jpg

today7.jpg

today8.jpg

today9.jpg

Caribou

today10.jpg

Elk
today11.jpg

today12.jpg

Fox
today5.jpg

Mountain Goats in the pit
today.jpg

today1.jpg

today6.jpg

today3.jpg

today2.jpg

Small forest fire just east of Tumbler Ridge on Monday. Water and chemical bombers were involved and we watched the Rapattack crew get dropped in as well.
today4.jpg

Geo

Last pictures of my Tumbler Ridge/coal mining experience. .
Loaded powder truck
last pix3.jpg

New haul trucks being built and ready for commissioning
last pix2.jpg

last pix6.jpg

No comfy shops for the mechanics...new engine required on the D-9
last pix5.jpg

Some more critters
last pix.jpg

last pix9.jpg

last pix1.jpg

Comparison between my duck, a bit bigger than a 988, and a 992
last pix4.jpg

My last sun rise at Peace River Coal
last pix7.jpg

My last day on me duck
last pix8.jpg

Geo

Last edited:
Amazing pictures George and it sure is a rugged part of the world where you are. All that snow and here's me bitching about a few degrees of frost.

Good stuff Geo. Last project I was helping manage included a heavy duty wash building for these kinds of rigs. Massive equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back