MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spotted 14 Whitetail deer in the same field on my way back to work today

0061.jpg

0121.jpg

0111.jpg

Geo

Why are new dozers sporting the drive wheel high and forward of the lower idler wheels. I've asked a few buddies that operate same machinery stateside and have never received a satisfactory answer.

Hi Matt and Aaron. Here's a link to a site that can explain all the tech stuff better than I could. Caterpillar D7H High Drive My training consisted of someone showing me how to do a pre-trip and what the controls did. The bosses last words were "Don't put any trucks over the dump"

Geo

Nice capture of those deer Geo, did you by chance crop that close up or have you good magnification on the camera. Also couldn't imagine driving that dozer I'd be scared it would run away with me.

Hey Vic. I just bought a Canon Rebel T3 that came with 2 lenses. The one I used was the 55-250. The 3 deer in the top photo are in the bottom photo on the left using full zoom. Terry..the worst part for me was pushing the loads over the berm.(See pic below) The night after I was on the dump, another dozer driver watched the berms disappear to the bottom.
A really badly spliced panoramic forward view from the seat.
00212.jpg

This shows how far you'll bounce if you back over the berm.
00214.jpg

Phase 3 from Phase 4
00211.jpg

Snow storm coming
00811.jpg

Snow storm going
00911.jpg

Trying to be creative
00213.jpg

Geo

Thanks BikerBabe

Thanks Aaron. Forgot these on my other camera.
Learned lots of colorful words trying to co-ordinate the buttons
photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

When working, the dozer is run a full RPM. To slow down, you push down on the decelerator, more choice words
photo 1.jpg

Dashboard is basic...
photo 4.jpg

...as most of the info is here
photo 5.jpg

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back