Only 1 Italian Bird in the MTO group build? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to up the ante and consider doing a second kit. How about a Caproni Ca.311?

italeri1113reviewgp_1.jpg

That's an odd looking bird??Glad to see another Italian bird in the mix.I have the CA CR42 with the PE/resin but that 3 color camo is kinda scarry at the moment.Will be watching to see how she looks ;).Cheers Kevin

That's an odd looking bird??Glad to see another Italian bird in the mix.I have the CA CR42 with the PE/resin but that 3 color camo is kinda scarry at the moment.Will be watching to see how she looks ;).Cheers Kevin

LOL Yeah she's kind of an ugly duckling at that. Haven't decided yet if I am going to do the Ca.311, a Sm 79 or possibly a Fiat G.50 (the open cockpit version).

I have been looking for an Italian bi- plane. All I have found is a couple of German ones.

DBII

This is what I found at Hannants, I'm sure that Squadron will have some of them.... Just look at that nighfighter CR.42, doesn't it just scream "build me!"? :shock::lol:

Attachments

• IT2640.jpg
    IT2640.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IT2653.jpg
    IT2653.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 213
  • CF497.jpg
    CF497.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 208
  • CF4108.jpg
    CF4108.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 226
We'll see how the cockpit work goes on the Hs-126 first. If it goes faster than I think, maybe I'll be able to do another kit.

LOL Yeah she's kind of an ugly duckling at that. Haven't decided yet if I am going to do the Ca.311, a Sm 79 or possibly a Fiat G.50 (the open cockpit version).

I do not know if she is ugly but you look at that green house and start pulling out the hair there bud but you sure could see some details.Cheers Kevin

Yep, it'd be nice to have more Italian Jobs (!) in the GB. Kits in 1/48th scale are a bit thin on the ground, al;though I was considering a CR42 myself. I doubt if I'll have time for the research and build though. I had thought of doing the Mc202, in 1/32nd scale, from 21st Century Toys, but they've all disapperared from the UK shelves now.

Strange, the Macchi was the one which didn't seem to move, and was still around when the other kits started to dry up. Then - poof! Gone, never to be seen again! I wanted to get their JU87 too, which was my first choice for this GB, but you've got more chance of finding Hitler's dog!!

And I keeping oogling at the decals for Heinrich Bartels Bf 109G-6 13 in Greece....AND a 325th FG P-40! d***mmnn, this is NOT good! :oops::lol:

Attachments

• Heinrich Bartels Bf.109.G.jpg
    Heinrich Bartels Bf.109.G.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 164
  • SS480855.jpg
    SS480855.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 194
  • SS480855_1.jpg
    SS480855_1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 193
I have a Classic Airframes CR.42 in the stash, there is one paint option for a training bird based in Italy 1942, dark green over grey with a white band on the fuselage. Or the nightfighter scheme is straigtforward. A lot easier than that 4 colour camo scheme!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back