P-40 Twin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. I'm really happy about the way it's turned out and now I wish I had started with the 1/48th AMT kit because I really want a twin in that scale. Well I guess that's next.

Becoming a real beauty there. Makes me want to butcher my old Matchbox Lancaster that had problems and mate two engines back to an old Revell P-40 myself. Either that or mate the engines to my Matchbox B-17G for a Merlin powered B-17 what if.

Looks brill Glenn! I wonder if a yellow pencil would work, at least over the yellow outlines, and maybe over the wording to, which might show through?
It wouldn't be perfect of course, but might enhance it slightly.

Brilliant idea Terry! The yellow pencil made it look much better. Still not great but it looks decent if you don't get too close.
I did a lot last night, exhaust and gun staining with pastels, final coat of Dull Coat, props on, gear and main gear doors on, and canopy masks pealed off. If I can sneak in an hour today I might just be able to finish it up.
P3210701.JPG
P3210702.JPG
P3210704.JPG
P3210705.JPG
P3210706.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good 8) although I can't help thinking it's a little unbalanced looking if it were real supposed to fly; I think thats why it was rejected, they didn't pack the rear fuz perhaps with an additional self sealing fuel tank and extra armour plate along with the a stronger tailwheel system and its attatchment areas to centralise CoG or expand the wings outwards even if by 6 inches each.. the persons who mocked it could've perhaps done more to make it more viable, unless it was more of a technical test/training for the fitters and maintenance erks

If you wish to highlight the wright logo slightly, and have some citadel/GW paints, with a very fine brush, gentle mood and hand; a drop of bad moon yellow with guesstimated fifth of that drop/amount of burnished gold (this gold can have a tiny greenish hue if over applied too thickly or thinly over a 'strong' colour) carefully painted into the wright(-field) yellow could greaten the visual contrast.
Also if you almost drybrush it bit by bit, you'd likely be less to get it on the 'model' and the final paint thickness on the decal would be very thin.

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. I'd actually forgotten about this one. It's finished, but I never got around to taking the final pictures. I'll try to get to it this weekend and post them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back