P-47D-25-RE, HV-A Lt. Col. Francis Gabreski June 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's a replacement panel!:lol::lol:

I checked the Eduard panel and the one I reviewed is the same as mine and it said it was a D25!...?

Not going to get excited about it...most wouldn't know the differences anyway...wasn't going to get bogged down with sh!t loads of etch and get behind like the Ju88...:D

Sensational work Wayne!8)
How do you get that worn metallic look on the cockpit floor? It looks unbelieveably realistic.
What an amazing talent.
Cheers,
Tony.

You're right Wayne, most people won't know. Only a nut like me who's made a year long study of every detail of the P-47 control panel. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sensational work Wayne!8)
How do you get that worn metallic look on the cockpit floor? It looks unbelieveably realistic.
What an amazing talent.
Cheers,
Tony.

Thanks everybody!

Tony, simple tool.....apply gradually, if you apply too much rub it off with a rubber and start over!:D

Attachments

• IMGP0917a.JPG
    IMGP0917a.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 180
Some work on the wing(s) adding the panels, which require a bit of light sanding on the inside to match up with the wing surface to avoid a slight step.
Another issue is the sink mark lines that need to be dealt with...obvious when you run some light sanding accross the surface...Port side same fit and issues...

Attachments

• 1_Wing_Stbd Lower_8844.JPG
    1_Wing_Stbd Lower_8844.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Wing_Stbd Lower Panels_9334.JPG
    Wing_Stbd Lower Panels_9334.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 1_Wing_Stbd Lower Sink_9339.JPG
    1_Wing_Stbd Lower Sink_9339.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 148
Whats the solution for the sink marks Wayne??

You have 2 choices, fill with putty or lightly sand them out, option two was used and did the job as the sink on mine was shallow....Upper wing has same issue, same spot as well as along the flap line, light sanding is solving that issue as well!

Seemes an odd place to have a panel insert - or is it to do with different layouts on that panel, mark to mark?

Yes, different panels for different versions.

Thanks Guys....can't post diddly squat at the moment, internet slowed to snail pace till Thursday night. Everything is taking an eternity to load....Goddamit!!

Making good progress though, reckon I will have fuselage and wings together real soon....pics as soon as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back