Post Your Boat!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jamierd, thanks ii was backward on my exchange rate should have x2 not divided
so your 1000 pound rental is $1560 US still cheaper than my fill up at $2450
only money

here's mine getting it redy for winter anyone wanna buy it? Please

Attachments

• _A280079.JPG
    _A280079.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 176
  • _A280080.JPG
    _A280080.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 180
  • _A280081.JPG
    _A280081.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 180
To All - T Bolt suggested it and I like the idea too, while this is an aircraft forum we do have a Post your ride section. So this is for any of you who love boats and would like to show off your water ride. I'm going to get some interior pics but for now here is my baby a 54ft x 16.5ft Meridian Pilot house
1. White Fire
2. Looking Aft
3. Looking Forward stairs to Fly Bridge
4. The Bridge stairs to right go to cabins (3) and Heads (2)
5. Forward
6. Forward
7. Main Head
8. Main cabin
9. Electrical control, battery compartment, engine room
10. Fly (upper) bridge
11. Upper lounge area

Damn Mike!!!!!!!!:shock: That's nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

T Bolt -Great Boat! I love the old wooden hulls! She is beautiful! I bet she really cuts through the wake and bites hard in the turns.

mikewint -That's a big Cruiser for river traffic! We don't see that many down here even on the Big Muddy. It seems to me like people who say "Let's go camping!" and show up in a 40' RV. lol

You are right though.. It attracts little string bathing suits like no other.. I think it's missing something. or maybe I didn't see it. Stripper pole?

ABW, thank you Aaron, that's my baby had this one for 4 years and I love the lake especially when you get away from the big cities
KevinK - I'm surprised, compared to the boats that come into Lake Mich from Fla mine is small. Every May there is a parade of 70-100ft yachts that winter in Fla and then come up the mississippi to the illinois to the lake and then to various summer homes and repeat the process in sept. As to the stripper pole, decorum sir, decorum. I'm satisfid with the all-over-tan girls. :D

This is my 22ft fishing boat, had this one for about 10years. I'll tow it behing the cruiser sometimes to fish into areas where the big boat can't go or just use it as a shoreboat. that's a 180 hp V4 so it will hit 45-50 flat out

Last edited:
ABW, thank you Aaron, that's my baby had this one for 4 years and I love the lake especially when you get away from the big cities
KevinK - I'm surprised, compared to the boats that come into Lake Mich from Fla mine is small. Every May there is a parade of 70-100ft yachts that winter in Fla and then come up the mississippi to the illinois to the lake and then to various summer homes and repeat the process in sept. As to the stripper pole, decorum sir, decorum. I'm satisfid with the all-over-tan girls. :D

mikewint

We don't run in the Mississippi that much, lots of junk floating around dragged up by the barges. Not only that there are some pretty nasty underwater currents. Too dangerous for skiing or other playing.

Usually the Kaskaski from the locks and up. I think the largest cabin cruiser that I've seen consistantly through the years was 'The Kaskaskia Queen' at about 34'. But her home was in New Baden at the marina. I've seen lots of 'house boats' that reach over that.

Still I cross the Mississippi every day for work. I'll have to start looking for the big toys. :)

KevinK, I see them in this area because they have to go through the locks along the Illinois river generally in the early part of May then they start back in September. Some of the really big ones come along the Atlantic coast and through the St. Lawrence. I've dealt with the barges and they give way to nothing. Same with the big freighters on the lake

Hey, I kinda like the table boat. Fish all day on it, then when you are done cleaning and cooking your catch you can turn your boat over, put on a tablecloth and have dinner;)

Just picked up my canoe last night. Picture is not my canoe, but one exactly like it. Plans are to fish small lazy rivers and lakes away from the jet skiers and pleasure boaters. Pretty much the opposite of Mike's Cruiser;)

Attachments

• Old Town Pack Canoe.jpg
    Old Town Pack Canoe.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 195
Hey, I kinda like the table boat. Fish all day on it, then when you are done cleaning and cooking your catch you can turn your boat over, put on a tablecloth and have dinner;)

Just picked up my canoe last night. Picture is not my canoe, but one exactly like it. Plans are to fish small lazy rivers and lakes away from the jet skiers and pleasure boaters. Pretty much the opposite of Mike's Cruiser;)

That's a sharp little canoe. I used to do a lot of canoeing for the very same reasons, quiet, solitude, communing with nature. Never cared much for the big boating or sailing experience although I've done it a number of times. Sailed from Seattle to Hawaii, and half way around South America. Too much work. Fun, but not my cup of tea anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back