Post Your Boat!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol:

Only got an old style wooden rowing boat at the summer house here, good for pottering around on the loch. Got a RIB over in France at my Grans as well.

Did find this today though:
emocean_gigayacht.jpg

Emocean?s 200-meter gigayacht touted to be the world?s largest

John, yea but what if you want to sleep with the window open? and there's no place for the girls to sun themselves

John, yea but what if you want to sleep with the window open? and there's no place for the girls to sun themselves

They can take care of the blowhole. :p But you do have a point. It would have to be launched from a yacht. I wonder if Hargrave takes checks...

Seriously though, doing the Jacques Cousteau thing would definitely float my boat as it were.

To All - T Bolt suggested it and I like the idea too, while this is an aircraft forum we do have a Post your ride section. So this is for any of you who love boats and would like to show off your water ride. I'm going to get some interior pics but for now here is my baby a 54ft x 16.5ft Meridian Pilot house
1. White Fire
2. Looking Aft
3. Looking Forward stairs to Fly Bridge
4. The Bridge stairs to right go to cabins (3) and Heads (2)
5. Forward
6. Forward
7. Main Head
8. Main cabin
9. Electrical control, battery compartment, engine room
10. Fly (upper) bridge
11. Upper lounge area

whats your job?

I have an 11 foot "Snark" day sailer. I'll have to find the pic's I took of it years ago. Right now it's in storage.
It wil only hold two people, and I don't recommend it for ocean travel.

Charles

Actually the initial cost is small compared to the up keep. She holds 700 gal of diesel and Marinas are about $.50 highe per gallon than gas stations. At cruise the twin Cummins produce 635hp each at 35gal per hour. Then there are dock fees. Saturday I HAVE to winterize which means 15 gal of Delvac oil, engines and generator, filters air, oil, fuel/water separators, and about 25gal antifreeze for the water, engines, generator, and air conditioner. Like having a wife and kids

Like the great Joe said on here, "If it floats, flies or fornicates, it's going to cost you money"

Seriously, beautiful boat!

B-17, mostly retired
Ccheese, As i recall that was taken pretty soon after i bought her and don't think the state had sent me anything yet so i had nothing to put on. even now i'm pretty lax about putting the reg sticker on. about the only time you see patrols around is during major holidays when they try to nail the day sailors. I always wanted to learn to sail. looked at a big sailboat before i bught the crusier but i want to be able to take it out alone and you can't do that with a sail boat. and the lake is no place for an 11ft boat unless you stay in the breakwater.
Viking, that for sure just spent the weekend winterizing so I can still spend time on her put no water or engines. I can use jugs of water but no running water till spring

Last edited:
I have just seen this thread and to be honest I would take Glens boat in the first posting. Warm day/evening, rods over the side, packed lunch and few tins with good friends, discussing everything and nothing.

You could do a lot worse

Mike can keep his fantasy, I would take the simple approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back