Post Your Boat!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reading today about mikewint's cruse on Lake Michigan gave me the idea to start this thread. We have a "What Are You Driving" thread, why not a "Post Your Boat thread".

Here's mine to start it out. 1962 Cruisers Inc. 16' ski boat. I've had it around 15 years, and over that time I've completely gutted and refurbished it. The last of it was the mahogany windshield a couple of years ago. That's the first and last time I ever take that apart again. I mostly use it on the Illinois River, but I've had it up to northern Wisconsin a few times.

P1000356.JPG
P1000345.JPG
P1000036.JPG
P1000033.JPG
P1000034.JPG

Last edited:
1989 checkmate senator. 350 mercury. i sold her last year. it was got small for me.(thats what she said :twisted:) i loved it for years .Iused it mainly on the Hudson River here in nj/ny. next one will be a 27-30 ft speed boat. the checkmate topped out a 60 on the gps turning 5k rpm. the alpha 1 didnt like it but survived.

Love those old wooden boats, lapstrake hulls are a work of art.
Don't own a boat myself anymore, but bought a little 12' canoe earlier this week, am picking it up tonight.

Holy crap Mike. Did you fall into a bucket of money? I bet that little gem set you back at least $100! :)

Nice classic boat Glenn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the initial cost is small compared to the up keep. She holds 700 gal of diesel and Marinas are about $.50 highe per gallon than gas stations. At cruise the twin Cummins produce 635hp each at 35gal per hour. Then there are dock fees. Saturday I HAVE to winterize which means 15 gal of Delvac oil, engines and generator, filters air, oil, fuel/water separators, and about 25gal antifreeze for the water, engines, generator, and air conditioner. Like having a wife and kids

Thanks guys. It does get up and go, but I don't take it much over 30mph. With that big motor the torque starts making it a little squirrelly. The thing I like about it most is the way it really leans into the turns. Makes me feel like I'm flying a fighter. Probably the closest I'll ever get to that. Scares the he!! out of my wife when I turn her sharp!! I came close to buying a 25 footer a few years back, but couldn't bare to part with this one. Fiberglass is just too sterile compared with wood!

:shock:WOW Mike that's some boat! Looks like I could fit 3 of mine inside it!:lol: How long of a cruise have you taken on it? Looks like you could spend a whole summer out on it on it comfortably.

Looks like we both started the same thread. Maybe a Mod can combine them if that's OK with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
T Bolt, I started a Post your boat 4 hours after you. I've asked a couple of mod to either combine or eliminate mine.
i love the wooden boats. one of he guys on the dock has a fully restored Chris-Craft cruiser with all the woodwork.
Excellent work on yours

I suggested combining the posts too when I saw yours Mike. I do love the old wooden Chris-Crafts . They're like Cadillacs and mine is more like a Chevy, but I love it anyway :lol:

Last edited:
T Bolt, During the summer months I will spend a month or more on it. longest was almost two months. I was heading toward the Mississippi when we hit the log? near peoria. Had intensions of going to New Orleans (I dream big). been through the upper end of Lake Mich, into Lake Huron, and then into L. Superior around the Whitefish Bay area.
I'd love to try the circle tour but $$$$$$$

Jamierd, Not sure of the exchange rate but it's about 2:1 so about $2000 US. my boat holds 700 gallons of diesel. Don't know what you pay for diesel in the UK but here at Marinas it runs about $3.50 per gallon (bit less than 4 liters) so a fill up runs me $2450 US and that's good for about 20 hours of cruising.
Boys and our toys, can't take it with you

Jamierd, again if i have the exchange rate correct 2:1 your 5 pounds is about $2.50 US I WISH i could by diesel at that rate.
besides, what good is money, can't eat it or wear it. AND young girls in string bikinis are attracted to boats like moths to flames

Users who are viewing this thread

Back