Post your stash!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Mike. I know about the Revell (ex Monogram) kit, as I built one years ago. In fact, the one you traded with Karl I now have, in another deal! Was going to put it in the 'Heavy hitters' GB as a RAF Mitchell III, but didn't have the time. I'd include it in the 'd-day' GB, but by the time the Mitchell III joined the squadrons, they didn't bother painting on the stripes.

Firstly most of the 144 scale stuff -
12042010.jpg

Some more boxed 72 scale stuff a Airfix 48 Spitfire/Seafire and a couple of 400 scale Type II U-boats -
12042010(001).jpg

12042010(002).jpg

And these 5 boxes of kits yet to be sorted (couldn't fit all 5 boxes in one picture)
12042010(003).jpg

12042010(004).jpg

Bloody impressive collection mate!!!

Noticed you have an Airfix Hampden in there...one of our members (Bullo Loris) is after one if you ever want to part with it.

My collection from over the last 13 years. And I haven't even bought one in the last 3 years as I figured that at the rate I was building them I would be well into my 80s before I could build them all! :lol:

P4131642.JPG
P4131640.JPG

Last edited:
Noticed you have an Airfix Hampden in there...one of our members (Bullo Loris) is after one if you ever want to part with it.
Not letting it go i'm afraid. Airfix had it down as a 2010 re-release so it should be easier to come by, just checked and they're out of stock at the moment though.

Thats a nice collection you have there Glenn. I think i have enough kits to last a lifetime yet i'm still purchasing, not to the degree i was but my latest purchase has been a DC-3/C-47 which will go nice with the Waco glider.
I only live in a 2 up, 2 down house and it's smaller than the last house so space is at a premium meaning i've got little space in which to build anything, haven't even got space for a kitchen table so i think the shed at the end of the garden is going to have to get fitted out with electricity/lighting etc and become a workshop if i'm going to get anything done as the other half has stuck her foot down saying the spare bedroom is exactly that and thats where her nephews and nieces will be staying on sleepovers, can't grumble too much since she hasn't moaned at my kit hoarding so far :)

Last edited:
Impressive collections guys. All kidding aside I can see how it happens. last year I build a whopping 5 models and bought a little more than twice that amount. This year I completed only one but have bought close to 20. That's a lopsided ratio I need to fix but with summer fast approaching I doubt I'll be stepping up my building.

Impressive collections guys. All kidding aside I can see how it happens. last year I build a whopping 5 models and bought a little more than twice that amount. This year I completed only one but have bought close to 20. That's a lopsided ratio I need to fix but with summer fast approaching I doubt I'll be stepping up my building.

I've fairly recently started doing the same thing, but I've still been building, just outbuying myself! I've seen those hoarding shows on TLC, and I can see similarities! :lol:

I've been pretty good about not buying the last few years. With the price a new kit costs these days I guess I can sort of look at it as an investment for my old age- all I'll have to buy as paint and glue.

Apart from a few 'must haves' for my collection as and when I find them, I'm trying to get done what I have, so tend to get mostly decals and accessories these days.

Um, I've gone a bit kit crazy recently, stash now doubling as loft insulation. All below are FAA or easily converted to FAA (with the help of the decal stash) and have been acquired since the beginning of the year.

IMG_0919-1.jpg

I've been cheerfully hoovering up pretty much any FAA 1/72 kits that cross my path. And just when i think I've pretty much "got them all", some out of production beauty pops up on ebay. (I guess I'm very fortunate that the cost isn't a huge issue). Thankfully the number of kits available is (relatively) small, so theoretically my stash won't reach ridiculous proportions (although I have to consider repeats... I have three Revell Sea Hurricanes for a start) - it's just the completist in me. And now I'm so into the FAA thing I can't even display previous non-FAA builds... weird. And branching out into another scale or theme? God, no. When I've "done" the Fleet Air Arm, in four-five years time (at current rate of building), maybe I'll get to work on Bomber Command, or Luftwaffe eastern front, or some other theme, with equal narrow-minded ferocity. Or maybe not.

Without getting too heavy, my (very understanding) wife has a theory about this, i.e. that it's a symptom of low grade Obessive Compulsive Personality Disorder - she's been reading up. That would tally with certain other behavioural patterns. Hoarding is a classic symptom, as is rigid observance of self-imposed rules and a wish to have a sense of "correctness" to the world.. I would put money on most serious modellers having a bit of this. Rivet-counting? I rest my case. :)

Anyways, I enjoy it. :oops::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back