Post your stash!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
I just got my digital camera working (finally). So I thought I would experiment and take a few pics. This is a pic of 90% of my unfinished kit collection along with some of the reference material and storage I use. :D (There's about 12 kits on the top shelf of the closet and another 8 on the workbench right now.)

IMG_0002.jpg

All of those have been bought since January 2006. :twisted:

As soon as the move into the new house is complete, I will post my stash as well! Until then I will look to yours to cure my separation anxiety :cry::shock::D

Stashers act as "(economic) force multipliers"; we do our part to stimulate the economy in the war against recession!

Thanks for posting!

Chew on this: What would happen to model companies if we bought and built one kit at a time?

Why do you guys do this ???

Most of you have more models/kits than you can build in a lifetime. In that stash of kgambit's, there must be several
hundred dollars worth of kits. In another thread [What's on the workbench] guys posted pic's of closets full of model
plane kits. Some guys have room's full ! Altho I don't do plastic scale models, I never buy more than two balsa/tissue
flying models at a time. {There are 94 kits in that pic of kgambit's}

Anybody have an explanation or a reason ???

Charles

Last edited:
Charles, with me, there really isn't a reason. I used to only buy one or two at a time, but lately if I see a kit I like I'll buy it to build "later". I think that's how it works for the rest of the guys here too. I don't like the fact that I do it, so as of late I'm trying to stop that. I do only have about 4 in reserve right now though.

....What would happen to model companies if we bought and built one kit at a time?

That is what I do mostly. Currently I have only three unfinished kits - Hurricane for MTO GB, Bf 109K which I bought recently and Me 262 which I bought some 10 years ago but somehow lost motivation to build it...

Last edited:
Why do you guys do this ???

Most of you have more models/kits than you can build in a lifetime. In that stash of kgambit's, there must be several
hundred dollars worth of kits. In another thread [What's on the workbench] guys posted pic's of closets full of model
plane kits. Some guys have room's full ! Altho I don't do plastic scale models, I never buy more than two balsa/tissue
flying models at a time. {There are 94 kits in that pic of kgambit's}

Anybody have an explanation or a reason ???

Charles

In my case, it's partly because I lost a ton of models during a hurricane (Katrina) and I wanted to rebuild them. Since I am retired I have tons of free time on my hands. :D

Nice stash!

Well I think it's the collecting component of the hobby too, either way unbuilt or built you have the model. For me my local retailers have a hit and miss kit stock so I grab things if I like them because generally I most likely won't seem them again, especially if they are RAAF subjects.

Cheers.

Nice stash!

Well I think it's the collecting component of the hobby too, either way unbuilt or built you have the model. For me my local retailers have a hit and miss kit stock so I grab things if I like them because generally I most likely won't seem them again, especially if they are RAAF subjects.

Cheers.

Yeah there is a collecting component as well. PLUS I used to live just outside of Dallas - and Squadron was less than an hour away! They always had a once a year sale that was impossible for me to resist! :D

Last edited:
Because in the back of my mind I envision my own miniature airplane museum (yes with its own miniature gift shop where you can buy miniature Squadron Signal "In Action" books) and as head curator I keep shifting the focus of the collection. My initial mandate focused on the Luftwaffe and has shifted a half dozen times in the intervening years. Now its current focus is on prototype, failures, also-rans and one-offs. All of which proves that I'm quite insane, but I recently shed my addiction to tobacco so there may be hope in getting this "habit" under control. It seems now that I only buy kits that are so-called bargains and will get rid of the ho-hum ordinary stuff after the move to get back some money and free up space. Anyone wanna swap? Get in touch with me in two months!

Yep, I was once bought a small dish, with the words 'A Roundtuet' printed around the rim. My wife (at the time) gave me it, as I kept saying the kits where for 'when I get around to it' !! Still got the kits.....not the wife!!!

It's set up like a candy shop.. I'll have that one pleeeeeeeeease!

Spotted both Heinkel's, rather jealous mate. :)

I just got my digital camera working (finally). So I thought I would experiment and take a few pics. This is a pic of 90% of my unfinished kit collection along with some of the reference material and storage I use. :D (There's about 12 kits on the top shelf of the closet and another 8 on the workbench right now.)

All of those have been bought since January 2006. :twisted:

Dam dude, that's a better selection then my local hobby shop!!!

I thought it over Dwight... I'll take the whole second shelf. Its got some hasegawa, revell, and tamiya, where can one go wrong?

Oh, and don't worry about shipping.. it's on me! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back