Post your stash!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, I was once bought a small dish, with the words 'A Roundtuet' printed around the rim. My wife (at the time) gave me it, as I kept saying the kits where for 'when I get around to it' !! Still got the kits.....not the wife!!!

I know that one Terry! My dad made one for me (out of cardboard), a round disc with the words:

"This is a Round tuit. Not a Square tuit, an Oblong tuit, or even a Triangular tuit, but a Round tuit.
Whenever I ask anyone to do something, and they say 'I will when I get around to it', I expect it done immediately, because I've got one !"

Charles, I wish I could make models the way you do! Unfortunately I have two main collections in my head...Luftwaffe 1939-45, and aircraft of the NZPAF/ RNZAF 1918-present.
If I see a kit that I need for either of those collections, a good parts donor, or (very rarely) just a type I like, even if dosen't fit in with above, I grab it if I can... yes, I have a cupboard like Dwight's (Kgambit's), which my fiancée 'affectionately' refers to as "THAT cupboard"...!

yes, I have a cupboard like Dwight's (Kgambit's), which my fiancée 'affectionately' refers to as "THAT cupboard"...!

Just tell your fiance' that you're expecting a long cold winter. :)

Dam dude, that's a better selection then my local hobby shop!!!

Same here. My local hobby shop is the pits except for some basics so I have to buy everything mail order these days. Most of those kits were purchased while we still lived in Texas though - where I had access to some really good hobby stores.

I thought it over Dwight... I'll take the whole second shelf. Its got some hasegawa, revell, and tamiya, where can one go wrong?

Oh, and don't worry about shipping.. it's on me! :lol:

LOL Let me think about it. Okay, thought about it. Uhhh, no. But thanks for the offer. ROTFL

Where are the other stashes?? hehe.

The only extra kit as of now is a 1:426 scale USS Arizona battleship.

Attachments

• 102_4113.JPG
    102_4113.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 102_4114.JPG
    102_4114.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 102_4115.JPG
    102_4115.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 197
Here is my little stash. I also have a SdKfz 251 armed with Wurfkorpers, a Deuce and a half, F-105 Wild Weasel, and a Space Shuttle - all which have lost there boxes somewhere in the past 20+ years

All but 3 of these I found in my stuff stored at my parents and had totally forgotten about them.

stash.jpg

Zwilling and Gigant look awesome! Build them soon. :D

Oh, I got 2 kits in reserve and 3 coming in the mail. And I'm going to the local hobby shop tomorrow so who knows!

Kits are a

Italeri Stug III
Italeri Opel Blitz Medical Truck

IN THE MAIL:

1/48 P-51D X2 (Ones Revell other is ARII)
1/48 Hobbycraft P-40E.

Now there's an idea! Never thought of putting them in the wardrobe! My small stash is in a draw in the spare room, but now sprouting onto a shelf in the same room. I've only got 14, but the 'stash' seems to be growing over the last couple of months or so. But at least they're all allocated for various Group Builds, and the second part of the Diorama Guide, when I eventually get around to doing some finishing and photography for it!

how do you guys do it lol i am struggling to save the pennys to buy a 1/48 typhoon never mind having 94 kits in a cupboard somewhere .maybe when i am finally allowed to go back to work i will be able to buy some but i dont think i will ever have a "stash" lol

Cheers fellas.

I also live at home still so what space I have is mine only but also its very cool area in the house. The temps during summer as Vic will know especially living in Canberra can get pretty extreme and do some major warping to the kits. I have a small upstairs area combined with a tin roof becomes a literal furnace in summer.

Thats quite a few years of collecting there for me and theres a lot of kits Im waiting to build because I don't want to balls them up. I worked nights up until recently and I'd have the cash but not the time to build em', hopefully that balance will change now.

Yall are better stocked than the model shop I visit. I feel guilty because I have B-25J, B-25H, F-101 and an F4U on the shelf. I picked them up in the 90's on sale. My father has a stockpiled almost 300 camera so my little supply is under the radar. If the lady complains, I ask her if I can start gathering cameras. :twisted:

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back