RCAF CF-104 'Starfighter', 1/48th scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My dear Terry, you carry a wonderful job on your CF-104 !! :shock:

Wow that you've gotten commitment and dedication to these malfunctions of the Kit. I'm sure of the next educational progress. :idea: I do not miss them! :idea:

Congratulations y muchos saludos!! :thumbup:

A bit more progress, but not much, as the current work is more 'wait and see', rather than bash on.

PIC 1. That 'Pinnochio' nose has been re-profiled to look more like a Starfighter, and to match the fitting on the brass pitot, and what a long job that was !
I also spent some time very carefully drilling-out and shaping the housing for the I.R. sight, immediately ahead of the cockpit - then realised I hadn't noticed this on Canadair CF-104's. So, check the references, and then get out the scalpel, file and wet 'n dry, and remove the bl**dy thing !
PICS 2 and 3. All the joints, filler and sanded areas have been polished to remove any abrasion marks, and smooth things out evenly, and then a thin coat of Xtracolor 'Duralumin' was brushed on these areas, which would immediately show any imperfections. Fortunately, all is well, with only a couple of tiny blemishes, which should disappear once the paint has dried, and after being treated to a polish with the 'T-Cut'. This will remove some of the paint, leaving a thin, smooth coat, with any tiny depressions concealed by the remaining paint.

Not much more can be done to the main airframe just yet, especially as I now hurt like stink through the minimal effort of sanding, so I'll turn my attention to preparing the ventral fin, adapting a missile pylon as a center-line pylon, and constructing the wing-tip tanks, and ensuring the seams are eliminated, as these, too, will be 'bare metal'.
I have a follow-up appointment at the Hospital tomorrow, so, depending what torture I'm put through, I don't know if I'll get any more done, but I'll post a further up-date as soon as possible.

Attachments

• DSCF0002 (8).JPG
    DSCF0002 (8).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0005 (5).JPG
    DSCF0005 (5).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0006 (5).JPG
    DSCF0006 (5).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Cory and Geo. Just getting ready to go to the hospital, so depending on energy levels on my return, I might get some more done later.

Thanks all. No major drama, just a follow-up after the recent injection, plus regular blood test and darned physio.
Aching too much after the latter to do any modelling.

Everything is resolved soon. :thumbleft::thumbright:
Terry, my best wishes and see you soon here. :glasses7:

Nos vemos pronto por aquí amigo :thumbup:

Thanks Hugh.
I got a little more done in the way of sanding, polishing, and other preparation and, hopefully, I'm getting close to the first stage of painting.
I'll post some up-date pics sometime tomorrow (Oops! Later today - hadn't noticed the time here!), when I've sorted them.

Just catching up on your build Terry. Great to see you back on the stick. Sorry to hear about your shoulder problems. Hopefully you will feel better soon and it won't impede your progress to much.

Very nice work thus far and great subject choice. looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back