Schilling's Bf109G6/R4 of 9./Jg54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, progress is going kinda slow, but I'll post a shot of the hole in my fuselage that is supposed to have a sad little man "floating" in mid-air (actually perched on those pegs shown in the photo)...

Also seen in the photo are a number of issues:
1) remarkable square intake
2) interesting cowl "bulge"
3) windscreen to cowl base is about as straight as my gait after a long night at the watering hole...

And now for the fun part...

I'll just post the photo of the decal sheet and it's instructions without a comment...words will not do these gems any justice at all...

* The decal sheet is roughly 2 ½" x 2 ½" (6.3cm x 6.3cm) *

Attachments

• Starfix_Bf109G-hole.jpg
    Starfix_Bf109G-hole.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Starfix_Bf109G-decal1.jpg
    Starfix_Bf109G-decal1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Starfix_Bf109G-decal2.jpg
    Starfix_Bf109G-decal2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 74
Wow, bringing back memories! I built several of these. 'nuff said!

Grau, if you need spares, like a cockpit or something I can check my stash. May have something.

Now we know why 'Starfix' didn't last long! Should be an 'interesting' build Dave. Can't help with parts or decals I'm afraid, as I haven't got anything in 1/72nd.

your welcome to have any decals i've got left from my revell 1/72 109 G-10 David, there's not much a couple of no 4's an RD band i think, i'll check what i've got when i get home from work

Thanks NJ, I appreciate the offer!

I found the "cockpit" that is referred to in the instructions.

It's two peices of flat plastic that had come loose from the tree, and wandered to the bottom of the bag.

Still leaves alot to be desired, and there's isn't a dashboard. But I think that with a little paint and creativity, I can make something up from a spare peice of plastic I have sitting around here...

I might need a hand with some decals, though.

Schilling had a yellow one, and a yellow staffel marking on the blue band. Plus 1/48 Balken crosses. As you noticed in my previous post, the decals are nasty. I might be able to paint the yellow 1 and bar on (oh now you just know that won't turn out well...), but I'll certainly need the Grunherz insignia...

Who talked me into doing this?
pi_freak.gif

Attachments

• Starfix_Bf109G-inst3.jpg
    Starfix_Bf109G-inst3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 70
Thanks NJ, I appreciate the offer!

I found the "cockpit" that is referred to in the instructions.

It's two peices of flat plastic that had come loose from the tree, and wandered to the bottom of the bag.

Still leaves alot to be desired, and there's isn't a dashboard. But I think that with a little paint and creativity, I can make something up from a spare peice of plastic I have sitting around here...

I might need a hand with some decals, though.

Schilling had a yellow one, and a yellow staffel marking on the blue band. Plus 1/48 Balken crosses. As you noticed in my previous post, the decals are nasty. I might be able to paint the yellow 1 and bar on (oh now you just know that won't turn out well...), but I'll certainly need the Grunherz insignia...

Who talked me into doing this?
pi_freak.gif
I bet my last h**ker money that it was a certain dog hotel trainee that got you into this smelly, hallucination provoking, wobbly pile of fly infested horse sh*t...

Nice work Wayne. I love this forum, and this Group Build idea; everyone is so willing to help each other. OK , I've seen it a Club level, when I used to be a member, but World wide? It's brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back