Sensible things

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
We could have a proper discussion about sensible things like why cod is the fish of gods....

We could :shock:

But...

The pan is on the stove, the beer is out and guess what will be in my sandwich in a few minutes?

BACON

A crispy streaky and thick cut back mix with Colemans mustard.8)

Yum.

What will you have in yours today ( tomorrow for our USA pals)?

Bacon and mustard? Blaspheme! Mayo, man. Mayo. And tomatoes and lettuce. On toasted whole wheat. Mustard masks the bacon and that, my friend, is an unrepentable sin.

And his punishement in hell shall be to wake up every moring to the smell of Bacon frying, but when he partakes it tastes like Broccoli!!! Ha Ha!!

Last edited:
Mayonaise on bacon?
Toasted whole wheat?
Brocolli?

Whatever is going on? Has drink been partaken?

Colemans (aka English) mustard enhances the flavour ( with a 'u' too) of meat. Except lamb, chicken and fish I guess, but other than lamb, chicken and fish its a wonderful thing.

Think white bread ladened with butter is a must too.

You boys really do need to come home to see how its done :)

QE2 turns to Phil 'I say Phillip, those Yankees put mayo on toasted whole wheat with their bacon don't you know'
'Simply not done Liz' replies a mortified Phil...'Even the Aussies know better than that' :)

Well, if nothing else sensible comes out of this thread at least take comfort in the fact that you have all decided for me what to make for dinner tonight. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Sanwiches. On Toasted Wheat with a nice slather of Mayo (real Mayo, not that Miracle Whip stuff). Om nom nom nom!!!

Don't tell me that you have gone all USA on me as well Hugh :)
Whats wrong with white bread, butter, bacon amd mustard?
The NHS canteens run of this don't they?

'Amongst all the healthy vegetables and fruit it is sometimes possible to find some but got to lead the way and set an example for healthy living somehow... '

Get a posting to Derriford and enjoy the forbidden fruit :)

Mayonaise on bacon?
Toasted whole wheat?
Brocolli?

Whatever is going on? Has drink been partaken?

Colemans (aka English) mustard enhances the flavour ( with a 'u' too) of meat. Except lamb, chicken and fish I guess, but other than lamb, chicken and fish its a wonderful thing.

Think white bread ladened with butter is a must too.

You boys really do need to come home to see how its done :)

QE2 turns to Phil 'I say Phillip, those Yankees put mayo on toasted whole wheat with their bacon don't you know'
'Simply not done Liz' replies a mortified Phil...'Even the Aussies know better than that' :)

Oh.... now it's on. :lol: I think this Limey just attempted to school this Yank on how to properly eat BACON! BACON I SAY! Oh the imperialistic nerve of this one! :lol:

'Oh.... now it's on. I think this Limey just attempted to school this Yank on how to properly eat BACON! BACON I SAY! Oh the imperialistic nerve of this one! '

Phil nudges QE2...' there's a spot of bother in the colonies Liz..those yankees are revolting' ..'Oh Phil' sighs QE2 'you simply cannot say that these days... you know the bother you got into on the last tour'...'yes yes I know Liz' mutters Phil , 'but this is serious..someone has told them that you put some ghastly muck called 'mayo' on bacon in a crushed nut bread, or whatever its called... AND they have cornered the entire world's supply of bacon in a feeding frenzy that only rivals the Icelandic cod wars'

:)

'well today i had my bacon in a bagel with a homemade 10oz burger, smoked applewood cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and garlic mayonnaise ! '

That sounds delicious Karl. A meal in itself.
Chips as well?

We actually had, the last time that I checked, a today heres as well today, for a whole 24 hours, or maybe I should say yesterday, which in turn means that so far, we've had 56 minutes of yesterdays tomorrow today, or is it tomorrows yesterday today.....hmmmmm.....

Something that I love, bacon, which I always have when visiting mum and dad, bacon, is something we call, Franska Raggmunk, pancakes with shredded tatties and chopped bacon, tasty and fills you up!
Dont know, bacon, if you have something similar.....

How about bacon wrapped in bacon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back