Sensible things

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

'You will in fact burn in hell!'

As long as no mayo on my bacon Bill I'm up for that haha ....:)

Lemon sole is a candidate too.

Battered cod, with chips, vinegar salt eaten out of newspaper by the sea.
Fantasic :)

I will go along with the Sole, can't get it here in Oz. Ate plenty when I lived in the States, lemon and battered!!!!!!!!!!
And I will go for the fish and chips, here it's fish and oil and chips.

'I will go along with the Sole, can't get it here in Oz.'

Not even frozen Sole ?
Its not as good as fresh but, better than nothing.

Wouldn't have frozen sole......

Ketchup.............. just don't understand how anyone can slam ketchup!
Now tomato sauce... That has no flavor, it's like eating ? I'll think of something.

'You will in fact burn in hell! '

As long as no mayo on my bacon Bill I'm up for that haha ....:)

'Cod the fish of gods?

Ever had Hallibut? Monkfish? Those are fishes of the gods!

Lemon sole is a candidate too.
Remember the 'cod wars'? No one bothers about other species so, I'm keeping with cod as my top fish.

Battered cod, with chips, vinegar salt eaten out of newspaper by the sea.
Fantasic :)

Fish and Chips with malt vinigar is great...

'Fish and Chips with malt vinigar is great... '

It is Chris, but suprisingly difficult to get quality F&C's here. There are loads of places for tourists but, to get really good portions and quality you need to get away from the honey spots.
Potatoes haven't been so good this year due to the wet weather last year.
Cod is king with F&C's followed by haddock.

Talking of fish, we have rediscovered one really nice fish that is often overlooked. The fresh sardine. Expensive but, delicious witha salad.

'8 hours? I wish. It takes me 5 to get to New York! Someday I will get back, and when I do, I definitely want to visit my old stomping grounds in East Anglia.'

Ah, slight underestimation of distance on my part Evan.
I forgot the Heathrow to East Anglia bit as well...add another 4 hours for a M25 trip.
Still, what's a day when super fish and chips awaits you? :)

'Get the gang together for a good knees up!'

One of us will have to be sober Jan...strange things happen after dark in the Fens :)

We get great fish and chips here in rural France. Thick cut chips and crunchy batter. Van visits the neighbouring village once a month and in the local town once a week. They have malt vinegar of course. And that translucent yellow/green curry sauce only found in chip shops.

Whilst fish is being discussed: Mullet. The haircut of the gods..........

The Mullet...oh, don't remind me. The kids saw a picture of my mullet when I was young and they still tease me about it....
Trouble is...I thought I was so cool in 1981.
Hump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back