Shinpachi's 3D/CGI World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RR Merlin parts.

This will be my last work this year.
Thanks everyone for enjoying my work in 2009!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_modelling_Merlin_No.35.jpg
    Screenshot_modelling_Merlin_No.35.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Gnomey and Aaron:)
Please look forward to more in the next year.
I am grateful for your encouragements!

Last edited:
I was wondering about that, but I know that in some programs like Strata, the wireframe algorithms can't be converted to anything more than visual renderings, even as accurate as they might be.

gMax has a number of applications, including aircraft for combat sims, but I wasn't sure if it would cross over to G-code for use in a computer numerical controlled machine.

If so, that's just about as cool as it gets!

Like you say, It all depends on the program he is using to make the renderings.

The 3D models you make in the two programs I mentioned can be imported into Mastercam or Gibbs cam or some other CAM program and it will create the G-code necessary to make the part.
You chose the tools you want to use and the toolpath you want to follow and Mastercam and Gibbs will generate the G-code for you.
Of course it really helps if you can read the G-code program that the CAM program spit out for troubleshooting purposes. ;)

Wheels

Yes, I think it is possible. Here was such an attempt for the luminous resin modelling based on *.SHD extention before. Link1. Link2.

My software is Shade , a Japanese 3D CG software, and it can export data with the following extentions.
text, 3DS, FBX Exporter, GDL Object, IGES, LWO, POV-Ray, Shockwave3D, Viewpoint, VRML 2.0, XVL, DXF, RIB and Animation Master beside its original SHD.

If anyone may try, I will be delighted to supply my data.

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
A GIF movie showing the synchronization of the cams, rockers, valves and springs of the Merlin engine.
397KB

Attachments

• Merlin_Cam_Rocker_Valve_Spring00R.gif
    Merlin_Cam_Rocker_Valve_Spring00R.gif
    397.4 KB · Views: 183

Users who are viewing this thread

Back