Shinpachi's 3D/CGI World

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm starting to sound like a "stuck record" here, but once again your work impresses and educates me.

I can imagine a "fantasy project", where you produce a virtual A6M with all the sub systems modeled and animated to manufacturers spec. Imagine how wonderful it would be, if you could travel through a virtual Zero that had each and every component modeled accurately and animated in such a way as to demonstrate the function.

Come to think of it...you already spoke of this, as being your true ambition. :rolleyes:

Thanks ontos, Lucky13, proton45 and Aaron.

As you may know well, a Merlin engine has 4 valves for a cylinder. Thus -
There are more and more parts to be synchronized.
I'm afraid of my PC if it can process all the data well:)
My PC has 3GB memory and that could have been very enough when Windows 98 was installed.
Windows XP today eats much of them for itself before I start CG working on the screen.
I have one more PC which is installed Vista. Vista is worse and I abandoned it in my closet.

If I may try to install Windows 98, not all drivers are provided for the newer machine.
I'm thinking to install Windows 2000 which eats less memory as drivers could be convertible with XP.
If I could buy another computer, I would buy Mac with no hesitation.
No frequent updates unlike Windows is better at least.

My tool is our local made 'SHADE'. I use it only because I am familiar with it.
Full animation of Zero fighter would be idealistic and I have finished several main parts before...

Thanks.

Attachments

• screenshot01.JPG
    screenshot01.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 331
Oh, Domo Arigato, Lucky13.

...and the most splendid person is the designer of Merlin!

Thanks GG:)

There are a dozen of failures for a post which looks better for me.
Here is an example attached.
Propeller shaft rotates counterclockwise (seeing from the cockpit). This is OK but the connected gear LOOKS rotating clockwise. This was not my setting but a magic of animation.
I am thinking how to fix it in the midnight now:cry:

Thanks!

Attachments

• Merlin_Reduction_Gear00.gif
    Merlin_Reduction_Gear00.gif
    338.6 KB · Views: 179
I think that may be more of an optical illusion.

Much like the effect that makes a motorcycle's wheels appear to be rotating backwards when it's rolling alongside you in traffic.

Perhaps the framerate is just at that point where the crank gear's rotation is just off from the refresh rate, creating the illusion of a backward rotation.

Perhaps adjusting the assembly's RPMs would eliminate that effect?

* Actually, I just loaded the image into my Animation shop program and ran it, and it looks fine. All the components are moving in the correct fashion. *

Last edited:
Thanks GG for your good advice.

My calculation shows either 20 or 40 frames per second is idealistic to stop the counter rotation.
The number of frames are currently 30 as it is convenient for the motion setting because cranks are positioned 120degrees apart each other, that means, each motion delays every 10 frames if one rotation of the crank takes 1 second. The 30 is very convenient for setting.

It will be the best way to increase frames like 60 or 90 or 120 simply though the motion would look slower but this needs no special techniqe.
I will consider it again when all parts are arranged.

Thanks.

Attached image is also one of my experimental attempts:)

Attachments

• Merlin_Reduction_Gear02.gif
    Merlin_Reduction_Gear02.gif
    290.8 KB · Views: 188
A motion test of blurr-effect with a model Ki-45a. 632KB.
I'm about to catch something for animating Merlin.
Hoping you to enjoy,
Thanks!

Attachments

• Ki-45a_00.gif
    Ki-45a_00.gif
    632.1 KB · Views: 166
Shinpachi, have you ever considered making an animated movie with your CGI models?

Like a demonstration of your I-400 in action or perhaps a KI-100 in combat?

Your model renderings are perfect, and combined with your landscapes/terrain textures, it would be a great video to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back