Shooting at Fort Hood (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But... will that satisfy a General Courts Martial ??? Remember this nut-case commited murder on a military base while a member of the U.S. Armed Forces. The UCMJ should be paramount ! The civilan courts should not even think about trying him.

Thanks, Chris. Your warning was very timely and on the mark.

Charles

I think he will be tried under the UCMJ. And that should not rule out the possibility of treason as a charge in addition to the obvious charges of murder, assault, etc.. And you're right, this is no case for the civilian courts where some left wing activist judge could screw up the outcome.

TO

Hung drawn quartered was the standard "reward" for treason in ye olde Britain. :shock:

Question for you Adler, Les any other vets.

It was reported that he was frustrated that the army would not let him "Buy back" his education credits instead of serving - do you think they should have?

Please keep this in mind - I do not in any way shape or form think that this provides any "justifiaction".

I am just simply wondering if it is really in the Army's best interest to force someone to serve who doesn't want to be there, he wouldn't be putting in his best effort. Wouldn't it have been better for the army to say "OK, pay back your education credits and get out"? ( don't let the door hit your A** on the way out...) :confused:

I'm not sure, but keep in mind that hindsight is always 20/20. There's enough slackers and malcontents who will try anything to get out of a deployment (we had one guy go AWOL in Hong Kong, then try to get a plane ticket home....without a passport!) that this guy just blended in. He made a committment, though, when he raised his hand and swore his oath to the Constitution. The military (any branch) is going to hold you to that oath. I would say its the rare exception that is allowed to early-terminate their contracts and pay the military back for their education.

Asked a friend of mine (who just retired after 23 years as a JAG) if he was:

1. Nutcase- tried as insane
2. Premeditated murder- planned and killed as part of a plan.
3. Treason- as he killed soliders in his own army.

He said he could probably be tried as all three. But the best people to try him were the Texans (ie, state of Texas) as they execute somebody down there every week and the US Military hadn't put someone to death in 35 years.

Let Texas have him and this dude is toast (figuratively, I think "ole Sparky" has been retired and they do lethal injections) a lot faster and with less mishmash than in the Federal System.

I tend to believe that life in a millitary prison would be far worse than death. He may welcome death as he would see himself as a martyr and give the Taliban a propaganda victory.
But life, every day not seeing any visitors, knowng that no one cares or remembers him. Plus of course, being under presure not knowing what was going to happen to him as I am sure the other inmates would shall we say, express their displeasure.
No, full life would be far worse.

It was reported that he was frustrated that the army would not let him "Buy back" his education credits instead of serving - do you think they should have?

Please keep this in mind - I do not in any way shape or form think that this provides any "justifiaction".

I am just simply wondering if it is really in the Army's best interest to force someone to serve who doesn't want to be there, he wouldn't be putting in his best effort. Wouldn't it have been better for the army to say "OK, pay back your education credits and get out"? ( don't let the door hit your A** on the way out...) :confused:

I have mixed feelings about that. I don't feel that anyone should be allowed to refuse service, just because they do not agree with a conflict or going on a deployment. When you joined the military, you know damn well you might have to go to war. You are not serving your religion but your country. Get over it, grow a pair of balls and do your damn job. It is not like this guy would have been out fighting anyhow, he would have been in a hospital on a big base, safe and sound treating soldiers that would have needed his help.

At the same time, I feel that if someone does not want to serve, then kick them out. I would be very harsh though and call it breach of contract. Make them pay back the education benefits, a dishonorable discharge (try getting a good job after that...) and reduction in rank and pay until the process is complete.

We actually have a guy on our airfield who is trying to do something very similar. He is refusing to fire a weapon and go to Iraq. Here is the kicker, he joined the Army in 2008. Sorry no excuses! Why the **** did you join the Army! Send him to Iraq, or throw him in jail and give him a dishonorable!

He is refusing to fire a weapon and go to Iraq. Here is the kicker, he joined the Army in 2008.

Lemme guess, he joined for educational benefits and foriegn travel? And the swimming pool, did we mention the swimming pool....:lol:

I've heard some really stupid stuff, but to join the Army, any Army, in time of war and not expect to go where the war is nutz.

Army oughta upgrade their IQ test cause they enlisted an idiot there.

I don't think you're a fascist. What you are is so glaringly obvious that I don't need to point it out...

Do you realize that there are well over a million Muslims in the US? And that many of them were born there, which entitles them to exactly the same consideration as any other citizen? Are you aware that both the US and Canadian Constitution explicitly forbid any discrimination or privilege on the basis of religion or ethnicity? That's what makes our nations the exemplars of freedom. Unlike states like Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Nazi Germany. We use cattle cars for cattle, not our citizens...

Your comments mirror the hysterical mindset that led to the incarceration of American and Canadian citizens of Japanese descent that took place during WWII. That was a complete travesty of justice, and a black mark on both democracies. The Fort Hood shooter was a murderous nutball, just as the Christian Anglo-Saxon Timothy McVeigh was a murderous nutball. He deliberately slaughtered far more innocent people than Hasan did, but I don't recall any wide-spread demand to round up and deport every Christian of Anglo-Saxon descent. Do you?

First think. Then post...

JL

An eloquent post, Butters. Thank you.

Hung drawn quartered was the standard "reward" for treason in ye olde Britain. :shock:

Agreed with all, Bird. But lets forget about meting out punishment for a moment...

What is troubling to me is the same thing that troubles me about many other mass killers. You always see articles that say "he wasn't quite right" or something to that effect. Why are these things getting through the screening process?

I tend to believe that life in a millitary prison would be far worse than death. He may welcome death as he would see himself as a martyr and give the Taliban a propaganda victory.
But life, every day not seeing any visitors, knowng that no one cares or remembers him. Plus of course, being under presure not knowing what was going to happen to him as I am sure the other inmates would shall we say, express their displeasure.
No, full life would be far worse.

Not to mention spending the rest of your life as a sex slave to someone named Clarence. See how he likes that kind of martyrdom.

I have mixed feelings about that. I don't feel that anyone should be allowed to refuse service, just because they do not agree with a conflict or going on a deployment. When you joined the military, you know damn well you might have to go to war. You are not serving your religion but your country. Get over it, grow a pair of balls and do your damn job. It is not like this guy would have been out fighting anyhow, he would have been in a hospital on a big base, safe and sound treating soldiers that would have needed his help.

At the same time, I feel that if someone does not want to serve, then kick them out. I would be very harsh though and call it breach of contract. Make them pay back the education benefits, a dishonorable discharge (try getting a good job after that...) and reduction in rank and pay until the process is complete.

We actually have a guy on our airfield who is trying to do something very similar. He is refusing to fire a weapon and go to Iraq. Here is the kicker, he joined the Army in 2008. Sorry no excuses! Why the **** did you join the Army! Send him to Iraq, or throw him in jail and give him a dishonorable!

DD and out the door - same as a convicted felon

I tend to believe that even most of the worst offenders in Leavenworth still love America and sympathize with the soldiers more than the traitor. Put him general population in the military prison then go on an easter egg hunt for the pieces of his body.

Somewhat related; Does anyone know of any memorial efforts for our wounded and murdered service members from Ft. Hood that may be taking place this Wednesday (Veteran's Day)? I remember after the 9/11 attacks there was a national moment of silence at aspecific time.
Thanks
db

Last edited:
Here is something for Butters, since the terrorist angle is a red herring.

As a U.S. Army psychiatrist treating soldiers who had returned from Iraq and Afghanistan, Major Nidal Malik Hasan had a front-row seat for the brutal toll of war. It is too early to know what may have triggered his murderous shooting rampage on Nov. 5 at Fort Hood in Texas — Hasan is accused of killing 12 people and wounding 32 others before he was wounded by a police officer — but it is not uncommon for therapists treating soldiers with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to be swept up in patients' displays of war-related paranoia, helplessness and fury.

Read more: Hasan Fort Hood Shooting: 'Secondary Trauma' to Blame? - TIME
Liberals and their delusions.

IMO, more than ever will be admitted.

Wheels
IMO More muslims approve of this attack than will ever admit it. You can't trust a long-serving officer who has taken an oath to save lives. Draw conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back