Shooting at Fort Hood (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is an interesting piece written by a muslim women who is fighting against religious extremism inside the world of Islam.

Not long ago, inside the quiet library of the Muslim Community Center here in Silver Spring, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C., Golam Akhter, a local Bangladeshi-American civil engineer, 67, got into a fierce debate with a young Muslim doctor over how to interpret the concept of "jihad" within Islam. Akhter argued, "Jihad means an inner struggle, fighting against corruption and injustice."

The young doctor responded. "That's not a correct interpretation. Jihad means holy war. When your religion isn't safe, you have to fight for it. If someone attacks you, you must fight them. That is jihad. You can kill someone who is harming you."
The conversation would be just another theological debate, interesting but irrelevant, except that the doctor was Maj. Nidal Hasan, 39, the gunman in the tragic Fort Hood rampage. After being posted to Walter Reed Hospital as a psychiatrist, Hasan called the Muslim Community Center his local mosque. It's just a short drive away from Walter Reed....
Despite all the conversations, Akther said, "I couldn't get through to him. He was a typical fundamentalist Muslim."

It wasn't a label assigned lightly. Rather, it emerged after many one-on-one conservations between the engineer and the doctor in quiet spots from the library to the lobby to the prayer hall, discussing issues of interpretation like jihad, polygamy, assimilation, foreign policy, and the cutting of hands for theft. Other members of the community confirm this portrait of Hasan.
Inside the Gunman's Mosque - The Daily Beast

You've given no evidence whatsoever to support your assertions. Well, except for where you say that you don't think that you have a screw loose. For once, I agree. I don't think that you have 'a' screw loose, either...

JL

The feeling is mutual......

Here is something for Butters, since the terrorist angle is a red herring.

Liberals and their delusions.

I didn't say that Hasan is NOT a terrorist. I said that I don't know if he is. At least in the sense of being a recognized member of a terrorist organization. And that because Hasan had attended mosque services in the presence of members of a terrorist organisation, it does not a priori follow that he is also the member of a terrorist organization. That's a logical fallacy any way you look at it.

That political motivation was a major factor in the killings seems self-evident. But it wouldn't be the first time that a lone wolf gunman has sprayed innocent people with bullets in a public place while screaming ideological or religious slogans. I guess you could define all such people as 'terrorists', regardless of whether or not they are clinically insane...

JL

Yea I gotta agree with you on this one. Having read more I certainly think the Treason charge can be on the table.

Religions and politics are perfect, until you get people involved.

I doubt he was a member of a terrorist group. I don't think that he was when he joined the army and I don't think they would trust him after he was already a member of the US armed forces. I think he realized that Islam really does call for the death of non-Muslims and decided he had to do what the prophet said.

What really worries me is how out in the open this guy was with his radical religious beliefs. He was not secret about his dislike of America.
What the hell is wrong with us. The FBI was supposed to be getting their stuff together after Sept.11 but it seems that they haven't. Heads need to roll over this. Napalitano needs to be fired for sure.

How did an openly anti-American muslim who attended a pro jihadist mosque, and had low fitness reports make major in the US military while we are at war against radical Islam???

Affirmative action??

There needs to be a congressional investigation on how these attacks on us should be stopped. I'm afraid that this is not an isolated incident nor will it be the last terrorist attack against us.

What really worries me is how out in the open this guy was with his radical religious beliefs. He was not secret about his dislike of America.
What the hell is wrong with us. The FBI was supposed to be getting their stuff together after Sept.11 but it seems that they haven't. Heads need to roll over this. Napalitano needs to be fired for sure.

How did an openly anti-American muslim who attended a pro jihadist mosque, and had low fitness reports make major in the US military while we are at war against radical Islam???

Affirmative action??

There needs to be a congressional investigation on how these attacks on us should be stopped. I'm afraid that this is not an isolated incident nor will it be the last terrorist attack against us.

Political Correctness by the US Army (and by this country in general) is at least partly to blame, along with just about every agency of the government that is charged with protecting us.

If this army major was a white Christian and was venting his hatred and dislike of America, Muslims, Jews, Blacks, etc., he would have been DD'd long ago, at the very least.

Our country better get it's head out of it's collective ass, stop worrying about hurting peoples feelings and get on with the job of kicking the sh*t out of our enemies, wherever they may rear their ugly heads!

The mistakes made prior to this tragedy in Fort Hood are unforgivable in the post 9/11 world in which we live!

TO

I'm a former correctional officer, I can tell you that more guys than you'd think in prison spent a few years in the service. I can guarantee they'd kill him before the door swung shut if you let him out of protective custody.

Interesting opinion of Lt.Col. Ralph Peters...

As President Obama belatedly appears at Fort Hood today, will he dare to speak the word "terror?"

He won't use the word "Islamist." If he mentions Islam at all, it'll be to sing its praises yet again.

We've already learned that Islamist terrorist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan attended the Northern Virginia mosque of Imam Anwar al-Aulaqi, a fiery al Qaeda supporter who later fled the United States. We know that Hasan's peers, subordinates and patients repeatedly raised red flags that his superiors suppressed. We know he was a player on Islamist-extremist Web sites. The FBI's uncovering one extremist link after another.

Politically correct: Gen. George Casey won't call attack "terrorism."
But to call this an act of terrorism, the White House would need an autographed photo of Osama bin Laden helping Hasan buy weapons in downtown Killeen, Texas. Even that might not suffice.

Islamist terrorists don't all have al Qaeda union cards in their wallets. Terrorism's increasingly the domain of entrepreneurs and independent contractors. Under Muslim jurisprudence, jihad's an individual responsibility. Hasan was a self-appointed jihadi.

Yet we're told he was just having a bad day.

Read more: Deadly denial
Deadly denial

Last edited:
Charges have been brought on the terrorist murderer (yeah that is what I think of him, nothing more than a coward terrorist murderer).

Army: Fort Hood suspect charged with murder - Yahoo! News

FORT HOOD, Texas – The Army psychiatrist suspected in a deadly rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, has been charged in a military court with 13 counts of premeditated murder.

U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command spokesman Chris Grey told a news conference Thursday at the Texas base that additional charges may also be filed against Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan.

Hasan is suspected of killing 12 soldiers and one civilian in last Thursday's shooting spree at Fort Hood. He was shot and wounded by two police officers at the base, and remains in recovery at an Army hospital in San Antonio. His attorney says he was read the charges at the hospital.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Military officials say the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 and wounding 29 in last week's shooting rampage at his military post in Texas will face 13 charges of premeditated murder under the military's legal system. The decision makes him eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

A formal announcement about the charges against Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is expected later Thursday. Two U.S. military officials described the charges to the AP on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the case publicly.

The officials said it is not yet decided whether to charge Hasan with a 14th count of murder related to the death of the unborn child of a pregnant shooting victim.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_fort_hood_shooting_charges

Heard the Main Stream Media is trying to call what Nidal had as "Pre-PTSD".

When you think about it, isn't that another word for cowardice?

Note to the liberal media of this country, and to the president.....

This coward is a.....

MUSLIM TERRORIST!

Stop the political correctness! PC got those good people killed!

Wake up America!

TO

Anybody watch Fox when they were in his house??

Pretty dam scary.

There was a green lock box in the sink titled "Do not open."

A Door titled "DO NOT OPEN."

No food in the fridge.

Prayer mats all over the room.

Foreign Jordanian coins sitting on the table.

Plenty more. Just a few 'odd' things in my mind.

Stop the political correctness! PC got those good people killed!

Yup. PC is what is gonna kill the western society. (I'm including all Western countries, here.)

If he is sentenced to death, I wonder what will be the execution like... Shot like a soldier, or hanged like a spy ? (Or me be it's just me being "old-school", here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back