Stug III at Kursk Armor Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Keep the motivation going, but lose the speed! No need whatsoever to rush - that's how mistakes happen, and models get spoiled. It's so easy to want to move on to the next stage, then rush to do so. Afterwards, you spot something which is wrong, badly made/painted or whatever, and have to go back to do it - if it can be done.

Keep at it Harrison just take your time and if you get frustrated to the point where it's too much take a break and come back to it when you are in the right frame of mind. The attitude of it will get done now or else will most often end in disappointment basically you will end up with a f**k up not a feature.
I have just spent the last four days sorting out 1 track on my T34 doing a bit then leaving it when I'd had enough and it will still need a bit of strategic mud in a few places.

I found one of the tank skirts broken when I came home from soccer beyond repair......knew i should have locked the door..... I can't do skirts now.... have to do one without.

Thanks guys will try!

Last edited:
Just leave off the broken skirt, using the other sections. They got knocked off, or where often removed when damaged beyond quick repair.

Mud

Attachments

• P7190301.JPG
    P7190301.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 59
  • P7190302.JPG
    P7190302.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 56
  • P7190304.JPG
    P7190304.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 55
Thanks Karl and Glenn!

I'm replicating a StugIII and an Opel Blitz crossing a mucky pool of water

I made the base out of tile, used old newpaper for shapes and put plaster cloth (THE COOLEST THING EVER!) on top and am waiting for it to dry

The water will be made out of a 2 part epoxy varnish I have and while its wet I'll stick the opel blitz in so the water dries around it, its not a river more like a pond and the stug will be waiting to cross.

I highly recommend plaster cloth to anyone! Not plaster in a box...a cloth

for being 14 I'm probably too ambitious...but actions follow beliefs!

Diorama's going OK....water needs some brown in it....it looks bare, suggestions?

Its hard to tell its a teaser pic...

Stug isn't glued I have to take finished pics..

Attachments

• P7200311.JPG
    P7200311.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 57
Water looks good H. I would build up a slight bank either side to hide the edges and add some reeds at the waters edge along with more track and wheel tracks to make it look a bit busier and add more interest.

Looks great H. Along with the other suggestions, add something under the Stug tracks to get rid of the gap. As for making the water brown, mix some acrylic brown paint with Future, and spray it over the top, thinly, then add a couple of clear gloss coats when dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back