T34/76 Kursk armor GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Lewis. That engine compartment looks just like the one I worked with - heavy lumpy bits and dirty.

Few more progress pics
Aircraft130.jpg

Aircraft128.jpg

Aircraft129.jpg

That's looking very nice indeed Lewis. Think I'll have to try one of their AFV kits sometime soon.
Could you just clarify a couple of things for the judging stage?
Is the driver's hatch cover a scratch-built addition, and are those small 'lumps' in the centre of each hull grab rail some form of moulded detail?
Thanks mate.

Thanks for the kind words folks
Terry the drivers hatch is from the kit and the lumps in the middle of the grab rails are the attachment points which I will try to tidy up once they have had a good chance to set. Didn't want to snap them on the cutting mat.

Hey Lewis, that's a great looking build and what detail your working with, a bit sad that much of it is tucked away inside.

Last edited:
Cheers all.
Vic I hope to be able to get away with not gluing the upper hull to the lower so all the interior detail is not lost.
The hatch is white Terry I thought it was the inside when it was on the sprue so it had a coat of white along with the rest of the interior parts.

Aaaggh! I have been having fun and games with the first track but finally got all the bits to stay together and in place. I just hope the next one goes together and fits on with a bit more cooperation.
Aircraft131.jpg

Aircraft133.jpg

Aircraft132.jpg

It looks better every time I take a peek. Lewis, I take it that the track was mad up by linked parts and not one of these already mad tracks that I believe are a dogs bo**ocks to stick together.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement folks.
Vic the tracks are made up from 29 separate parts, two long strips that form the top and bottom, two short sections and the rest individual links. The kit provides two formers for the front and rear curves but I didn't find them a great deal of help. It's just a case of do a bit let it dry and then do a bit more and hope it holds together when you try to put the right curvature into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back