Thank You All ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

elvis0the0king

Recruit
Nov 1, 2011
G'day All,
And thank you for making this forum what it is. Without all you members contributing, it would be nothing. So thanks again.

I've only just discovered it today and after seeing some of the fabulous photographs and paintings on the site, my heart started racing and I was salivating "like a kid in a lolly shop". Wow! That painting with the B-25s, Spitties and Focke Wulfs got me right in and I had to sign up as a member.

My first job was at Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation in Port Melbourne, Vic, Australia. Back then we were only making bits for various aircraft and we had still had the foundry, engine factory and airframe factory, as well as various test facilities and an apprentice school. Ahhhhh, those were the days. Almost all of it is gone now. Sad.

Thanks for letting me "in the shed" and I wish you all the best with your many and varied projects.

Gary.

Welcome aboard. Commonwealth Aircraft had quite a great history and it's sad to see it going away. The first time I saw a Winjeel here in California, I almost soiled myself. Quite a rarity around this hemisphere!

G'Day and welcome on board, you've now got a boarding pass for whenever you like.

Tell us some stories about the CAC. How did you start with them????? etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back