The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great shot Dave!! Looks like she was on the ceiling.:lol: :lol: And if my dumba$$ had taken the time to read your explanation I would have know she was on the ceiling.:stoopyd:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I was impressed that it did come out as well as it did. Like I said, I had the camera raised up over my head, aiming along the bottom of the lense and I was standing on my tip-toes...

I used the camera's preset for floral stills with flash...don't recall the metering, but the office had flourescent lighting and it was evening so that was the best way to go.

Great shot Dave!! Looks like she was on the ceiling.:lol: :lol: And if my dumba$$ had taken the time to read your explanation I would have know she was on the ceiling.:stoopyd:
LMAO Aaron!! You know, I've notice that reading the posts helps a little...sorta :lol:

Here's some shots I took today and yesterday of a visitor we have over our back fence. Comes up in the afternoons for a feed on the grass, not exactley creepy or crawly, but look at the muscles! 8)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 139
Look at them front claws, must be the longest I've ever seen. We get them come down into the street of a night, they love to eat my ornamental grasses out front.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

With in ten seconds of taking the picture the Kangaroo taught Andy a lesson and the kangaroo let andy go only if he bragged about the muscles....... :evil4:

Cool, all we have are deer,....

Cool shots of the Kangaroo...and why are it's ears notched? Are those man-made (like cattle notching) or were those done in the wild parhaps?

And here's a good shot (not mine of course) of how things can go wrong in a hurry:

"LOOK Mommy!! Baby kitties!"

Attachments

• skunkbabies[800].jpg
    skunkbabies[800].jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 116
Cool shots of the Kangaroo...and why are it's ears notched? Are those man-made (like cattle notching) or were those done in the wild parhaps?

And here's a good shot (not mine of course) of how things can go wrong in a hurry:

"LOOK Mommy!! Baby kitties!"

That's pretty cool! When I was a young teenager I lived in the country. One day we found a dead mother skunk on the road and four lil babies just like the one's in your picture running around. My mother let me take them in and raise them until they were big enough to fend for themselves. It's pretty cool to have baby skunks following you in a single file line through a field!

We had all sorts of animals growing up, and this is where it has lead me!

Juvenile Mojave rattlesnake: photo 1
Adult pair of Mojave rattlesnakes: photo 2
Osage copperhead: Photo 3
Midland water snake: photo 4

Attachments

• Mojave Green 127.jpg
    Mojave Green 127.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Mojave Green 146.jpg
    Mojave Green 146.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 137
  • copper1.jpg
    copper1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 6700_512524521857_226601184_562017_7811570_n-1.jpg
    6700_512524521857_226601184_562017_7811570_n-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 112
Man, those Mojave Greens can really mess up your day if you get on thier bad side...

I accidently brought one home once, years ago, in my sleeping bag after a weekend over in the desert. Turned it over to Fish Game because I knew they were rare...the warden said I was lucky, since at the time they had very little anti-venom available for that particular species.

It was a good looking animal, about 3 foot and had a light coloring to him with a dusky shade of green and 4 buttons. Hated to let him go, but I wasn't wanting to keep a rattler around the place, especially one with such potent neurotoxin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back