The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The much more smooth surface is the better decals stick.After applying the matt cote she will look different.

Well done so far Wayne.

Wayne, do u spray all of ur models that heavily with the gloss coat??? It looks completely soaking wet... I didnt know thats how heavy I should be doin it...

It may look 'heavy' but it's not....I usually give a general light coat so i can still do a bit of pastel work...then a second light coat to seal it, then the decals go on....it will still get another overall gloss to seal all the decals before the flat coat goes on.

The main thing is not to over do the gloss.....

Good point Wayne. You sometimes have to be careful with Johnson's Klear (Future); if too many coats are applied, after it's been sitting for about six to eight weeks, tiny cracks can appear, looking like the 'veins' in a leaf. Also, the more coats that go on, the darker the colours will appear, and small details can appear diffused.

Therefore I don't like the Future liquid Terry.I prefer a gloss cote of Humbrol but not the one form a can but from a bottle.It seems that the one doesn't get yellowish tonality with the time.

Users who are viewing this thread