The Next Generation Group Builds Listing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sure we could arrange for something to Re-run in a "Second chance" Group Build in the future....seems we have enough interest!

I like the concept "Group Builds - Redux" There is one GB I would like to repeat, redoing the same aircraft even, because I've since discovered some new info, there's a couple of GB's I would have liked to enter but didn't get the time to do. Should be fun GB with lots of scope for entries.

I wanted to suggest a "battle of the atlantic" GB, so that we could build some of the ships as well as the aircraft.......but I see i might be waiting a while for that.

Which raises the point, do we get a say on subject material, and if so, how do i go about that?

i know its a bit late for your build Micheal but i took a few pics of the sea fury at yeovilton for you,i will pop them on the thread i've started on the visit shortly

On the other hand, for those who can't wait, I don't any reasons why we can't have some un-offical GB's.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those popped up for the E/E Lightning, just to mention one... 8)

Any chance to do a GB based on planes in the movies? I'm thinking like....

"The Flight of the Phoenix"
"The Aviator"
The Ju 52 from "Where Eagles Dare"
"Murphy's War"
"The Thing - 1951"
etc

I even have a thread for inspiration....

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/movie-plane-quiz-10763.html

I have a Duck that is just waiting to be built with a Peter O'Toole figure!

Last edited:
Now that would be a good one!
I still have to build a Spitfire 'Markhadie' from the BoB movie, to accompany the Buchon.
There could be some good ones, and some strangely marked and painted ones, from some movies, and loads to choose from.

The The Flight of the Phoenix bird would be cool. I did that kind of conversion a couple of times when I was a kid, first with a busted up P-61 and then with a P-38. I think I still have the P-38 up in the attic. The price of the Italeri C-119 kit is pretty high to buy just to cut it up though. I was looking at them recently on eBay and the're up over $40. It should be a C-82 anyway.

Last edited:
what about realistic hypotheticals....for example a Sea Harrier for the RAN in 1982. We had them on order, but cancelled the deal in 1983 when the hawke Labor govt came to power. With the change of Govt, the HMS Invincible deal was cancelled and with it the purchase of the Harriers. I would love to do a hypothetical colour scheme for an Aussie harrier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back