Unofficial GB for Ships?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Putting this out there to gauge interest in having an unofficial GB for ship models. I've never built a ship model before and have two in my stash: USS Independence carrier and a Graf Spee. It would good for me to get some tips and observations if I embark on one of these builds so let me know if you are interested and, if so, when you'd like to start. If there's sufficient interest, I'll set something up similar to the Doras Galoras format.

Sounds very interesting. I would go for it with a paper submarine ORP Orzeł or one of others I have in my stash.

Always wanted to do the Revell (ex- Matchbox) 'Flower' Class Corvette, in 1/72nd scale. It's a bit pricey though and, to be honest, I've nowhere to put it, and probably wouldn't get around to building it, with so many other projects earmarked for 'the stash'.
But if a 1/72nd scale Air Sea Rescue launch qualifies, I might join in, as and when time and inclination allows.

Ive got a 1/750 le Arsenal HMAS sydney that I would l love to do. I am just finishing off a 1/850 scale USS Constellation.

It generally takes a lot longer to build a ship model compared to an aircraft. I would estimate that about 6-8 months would be needed.

There are a lot fewer ship entusiasts, but I would strongly support an (unofficial) ship group build

I have been doing a major refit on a U.S.S. Oregon (Glencoe) since 2001. Wooden decks, resized turrets, re-figured, ...well, just about everything.
Yep, I'd be up for it!

If a (very) slow build is allowed, I've got a Constructo 1:35 HMS Halifax model to finish. All wood and metal, with linen sails...

If it's a long term build I might jump in. I have a 4 stack destroyer that was partly done before it was stepped on (don't ask) so maybe a rebuild-build. I also have a DE in the stash.

I've been looking for a USS Constellation CV64. Another theme I have is to build the aircraft from this ship. I know Arii made one and I'm trying to find reviews on the kit to see how it goes out of the box. Being a non ship builder, I don't want to go nuts on a bunch of stuff I'll never use again.

Geo

If a (very) slow build is allowed, I've got a Constructo 1:35 HMS Halifax model to finish. All wood and metal, with linen sails...

Oh... so are sailing ships allowed as well? It would be great... :)

Oh this one is so tempting and may just be what I need. I've struck a bit of a flat spot lately and am in need something to spur me on. I've the bow section of HMS Victory (Nelsons Flagship) tucked away, big project which could eventually equal Pauls longstanding build since 2001. Last galleon I did way back………………………..the wrecks of WWI were still scattered about the countryside.

Anyway, here are some pics of the kit and if time and qualification permits………………..I'M IN.

20140114-a.jpg

20140114-b.jpg

20140114-c.jpg

20140114-d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back