Vancouver 2010 : all hell breaks loose...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I decided to start this thread because of two news concerning the winter Olympics that I heard today.

First, there seems to be a fake controversy about Canada's women hockey team as, after they won the gold medal, they all met on the ice to celebrate. Even though it was several minutes after the end of the game and that most (if not all) spectators had left the arena by that time, some reporters took pictures of the celebration... pictures in which we can see members of our female hockey team drinking beer, champagne and smoking cigars... even though some of these athletes were 18 years of age and that the legal age to drink in British Columbia is 19.

As far as I'm concerned, it is a fake controversy created by the medias and some right-wing religious SOBs, as that same team did the exact same thing during the Olympic games of Salt Lake City and no one ever complained... Even though the legal age to drink alcohol in the USA is 21 !

Here is a link to the article :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrvRxHnnoQ

Anyway... That was the latest news for the Olympics of 2010.

That was Maestro reporting for ww2aircraft.net, in direct of his basement... ;)

Last edited:
Oh well

Anyone see the South Koreans disqualified out of one of the skating races after winning first and the judge getting death threats?

From what I've heard and seen those Koreans take these Olympics and winning way too seriously.
As far as the horny, comdom using Olympians don't believe everything you read on the internet,maybe it's true but who knows.
As far as the Beer/Champagne guzzling, cigar smoking Canadians, who really cares. Don't beleive it is a "Right Wing Religious Conspiricy" myself, just the media and some over ambitious photographers trying to make a story and get some ratings. Canadians drinking beer, what's this world coming too!!!! Next they will be trying to tell us Bears crap in the woods!!!!

As far as the horny, comdom using Olympians don't believe everything you read on the internet,maybe it's true but who knows.

I agree with that, but for the record, I didn't read it on the internet, I heard it on the radio... From a very thrustable source.

As far as the Beer/Champagne guzzling, cigar smoking Canadians, who really cares. Don't beleive it is a "Right Wing Religious Conspiricy" myself, just the media and some over ambitious photographers trying to make a story and get some ratings. Canadians drinking beer, what's this world coming too!!!! Next they will be trying to tell us Bears crap in the woods!!!!

I never said it was a "conspiracy" neither... I just said that they might have gotten a little too exited about something banal... as they (too often) do. Come on ! Almost everyone got drunk at least once before turning 18/19 (in Canada) or 21 (in the USA).

Originally Posted by Bucksnort101

I agree with that, but for the record, I didn't read it on the internet, I heard it on the radio... From a very thrustable source.

And I've heard it first hand from 3 different olympians from 3 different countries - 2 from summer, 1 from winter - and going all the way back to the 1970's.

It's nothing new; been going on for years. It's just being talked about in the news now.

And back then they didn't even give out the condoms. That is the new part of the whole thing.

And I've heard it first hand from 3 different olympians from 3 different countries - 2 from summer, 1 from winter - and going all the way back to the 1970's.

It's nothing new; been going on for years. It's just being talked about in the news now.

And back then they didn't even give out the condoms. That is the new part of the whole thing.

Yes. And the radio show from which I took it from stated that the free distribution of condoms began during the Olympics of 1992, and is a standard practice ever since.

However, it is the first recorded time that an "Olympic village" runs out of condoms !

does the law in canada say its illegal to buy alcohol under age 19 or illegal to drink alcohol under age 19 here in the UK it s not illegal to drink it but it is illegal to buy it under 18
so they ran out of condoms so what doesnt mean they are all at it like bunnys could be using them for water bombs, blowing them up as balloons, putting them on their heads and the numerous other weird and wonderfull things we have all seen done with condoms

I mis-heard the radio announcement. I thought it was the American hockey team and they did it right after their win in front of the opposing team and crowd. I was embarrassed and pissed.

Glad to here the story is MUCH different than what I thought I heard.

Just girls want to have fun.....I want to know why a Canadian judge was in the final race with 2 Canadian skaters in short track in which he dq'd Apolo, looks to me like the Canadian took a dive when Ono put his hand on him. Oh well it's short track right?

does the law in canada say its illegal to buy alcohol under age 19 or illegal to drink alcohol under age 19 here in the UK it s not illegal to drink it but it is illegal to buy it under 18

Well, in Canada it is illegal to drink alcohol whenever you are too young to buy it. The legal age depends on the province you are in. Some provinces have a legal age of 18 and some other have a legal age of 19.

so they ran out of condoms so what doesnt mean they are all at it like bunnys could be using them for water bombs, blowing them up as balloons, putting them on their heads and the numerous other weird and wonderfull things we have all seen done with condoms

Uh... With all the nice chicks actually in Vancouver, if you are using condoms that way, you deserve to remain virgin until the age of 40. ;)

Just girls want to have fun.....I want to know why a Canadian judge was in the final race with 2 Canadian skaters in short track in which he dq'd Apolo, looks to me like the Canadian took a dive when Ono put his hand on him. Oh well it's short track right?

Well, it's kind of like in the Olympics of Salt Lake City when Ono made a false start during the final but, after the completion of the race, decided to disqualify the South Korean skater (who had finished first) instead... Giving the gold medal to Ono.

Even though using the the high-speed camera we could clearly see the skater making the mistake... It was Ono.

So no matter the country you are in, there will always be judges without judgement.

yeah I hear you, but you would think that in the Olympics in the gold medal run you would not have a judge that is of the same nationaltie as the skaters. Smells bad........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back