What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You should be able to turn the knurled knob below the pendulum righty-tighty and that should do it. May take a couple of tries to over a 72hr period to get it right. Beautiful clock.

Nice clock. I kinda liked the old patina on the brass myself.

Thanks.
Patina: I didn't. It was sticky. Ew. Ew. Ew!

You should be able to turn the knurled knob below the pendulum righty-tighty and that should do it. May take a couple of tries to over a 72hr period to get it right. Beautiful clock.

Thanks Matt, I loosened the rods and pushed the pendulum up about 1½ cm's, that only gained a couple of minutes, so I'll give it another try.

That's quite a clock. I may try to do some work on my clock. My dad brought it back from Germany when he was stationed there. It's an old grandfather clock. I found out later that there is a cut out on top where the Nazi eagle use to sit. Not sure how big it was but it would be nice to restore the entire clock.

I have been cleared of Cancer having made the 5 years, just annual check ups now. At the start I was told it was terminal and later that I had a 30% change of making the 5 years but the people I chummed up with in hospital didn't make it, so its a mixed day. Good news but bad memories being the last one standing.

The sun is shining, it's up to 20 C, light wind - and I can pad around bare-footed on my balcony and replant my tomato plants. Love it!
And yesterday my buddy Jørn and I went to Tivoli in Copenhagen - loved it!
Only downside was that when we had lunch at Færgekroen, one of my pork tenderloin steaks was raw inside, but at least I didn't get ill. Thank God!
We had a good time, relaxing and having fun, trying out the various rides - rollercoasters, bumper cars, boats, the lot.
And today I'm really lazy, so I think I might put the hammock up later for the first time this year.

I shopped new clothes today, and got me a black blazer/jacket, red shirt, new jeans (the old ones were so torn that it had become difficult to just put 'em on), and 4 undershirts (1 red and 3 black "wife beaters").

I'll be going to the opening of the new special exhibit at the Police Museum friday, and a friend's 30-year birthday saturday, that's two great excuses for shopping new clothes, esp. since it's been ages since the last time I bought myself some new clothes that hasn't been used previously.
(Okay, minus the hoodie I bought myself a couple of months ago...and ten new pairs of black socks because I couldn't be bothered to do the laundry... )

Later stopped by at the thrift shop in Herlev and found two gems there:
A green granite ink blotter, and a complete Parker "51" pen set (perfectly working fountain pen and pencil) in the original box.
Grab!

The birthday pressie has been bought, card bought - now all I need is to wrap the gift and write the card. Phew.
And tomorrow I've got an appointment with my hairdresser, it's faux hawk time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread