What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, all! Record high unemployment in this part of the country, I've been looking for around 3 years now.
Aced the interview, and now they are running the background checks and drug check, I should be working by the end of the week!

Big time clogged bathroom drain. Ew.
Okay, tried pouring boiling water in there, in case it was a lump of old soap that clogged the drain pipe. No go.
Wait, didn't I buy a metal spiral sewer thingy a few years ago?
After rummaging in various toolboxes, I found the thing.
And after poking around (Yuck! Ick! Damn!) I now have a fully functional drain again. Phew! :D
Thanks to dad, who didn't mind having me along when doing maintenance on the house, that taught me a lot of practical things. :D
Like fixing a clogged drain, changing tires, putting up shelves, assembling furniture, changing the suspension springs in a car, how to fix scratches and holes in various surfaces, how to polish copper (ketchup, guys - rub it on, leave it on, remove), remove chalk thingy edges from the various bathroom things and faucets, and so on. :)
Thanks to dad I can now take a shower without having to call a plumber first. :D

Last edited:
Good onya Paul. As I said in my PM. It is apparent you didn't wear your little helmet!

I know what you mean about gaining employment over there. Even tho I had 15 years experience on drafting tables, the old style. After finishing CAD school, at 48, I had twelve interviews and no takers. They would rather hire a snot nosed 19 year old who couldn't find a toilet if he fell over one.

Hoping you're working next week mate!

Just received the latest Squadron wish book (catalog) and I couldn't believe my eyes... On the cover they announced that Trumpeter is releasing in April the
1/32 scale P-61B Black Widow. I know what I want for my next birthday... [-o<

After 6 days of pushing mud with a serrated blade on my grader, they finally put on a flat blade. To put this into perspective, pour some water on a counter top. Now try to get the water off the counter top using a comb. Home in 5 hours.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back