What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went grocery shopping with mom today, driving for her.
At the supermarket, one of the young people working there pulled me aside while I was waiting for the groceries to be run through the cash register; mom was waiting to pay when it was done, while I was busy putting everything in the cart.
The young shop assistant told me that I should keep a sharp eye on the scruffy-looking man standing behind her, he was known to steal purses and money from elderly people, women in particular.
"Oh, you know him, then?" She didn't reply to that, and I thanked her big time.
Then I kept a sharp eye on the man as I put mom's groceries in the cart.
At one point he was very very busy keeping an eye on my mom's purse as he stood there, while mom was paying for her groceries.
I glared at him, and the next moment he lifted his head and accidentally made eye contact with me. I held the eye contact, making damn sure that he knew 100 % that I was watching him, and watching him and his hands good and constantly. I even think I gave him a good long glare, not just a look. :D
Finally he lowered his gaze, and to my great satisfaction he looked like he would have loved to be anywhere else but right where he was. He knew that I knew about him, I'm pretty sure about that. And he was definitely uncomfortable once he found out that I was watching him.
For the rest of the shopping at the baker's in the supermarket, and at the newspaper stand, I made sure to stay right behind mom, so that no-one could get to her.
And you know what?
First of all, I'm very very grateful that the young shop assistant warned me, and second, it felt incredibly good to be able to look after mom, and make damn sure that she was safe. I went straight into bodyguard mode, which was a great feeling. :D
Frankly, I don't know what I would have done if he had attempted to get at mom's purse, but I'm pretty sure that my glaring at that %�%� low-life - and my black mohawk - must have made him think more than twice. :D
I'm proud to say that I did damn well to make mom sure that mom was safe and secure. :thumbleft: :thumbright:
Hm, I must have one hell of a glare when I'm angry. :shock::D:lol:

Well done Maria!
"The eyes of doom" look can work wonders - it's great when some young w***er who thinks he's 'Jack the lad' suddenly gets that hard stare from some older git like me, which says " one wrong move, and you'll need new trousers - after you wake up!", and they sort of slink off meekly !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back