What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw my RA Consultant yesterday, and she's keeping me on the steroids for now, which are giving some relief and allowing more mobility, and reviewing the best options for medication to keep things in control for the future.
And today, I finally got an eye test done. As I suspected, I have a cataract in the left eye, and one forming in the right eye, so I've been referred to the local hospital to get those sorted. Meanwhile, I've been prescribed bi-focal glasses for longer vision needs, such as driving, which I'm sure will be a great relief to the UK's road users !
So things are looking up at last.

And get ready for a whole new world after you get your cataract surgery! They put new custom made lenses in your eyes that'll correct most all of your hereditary vision defects. They reduced my astigmatism to near zero and lowered my acuity correction from 7.5 diopters to less than 3. Could have gone all the way to zero for distant vision, but would have required heavyweight coke bottles for near vision. They can fix defects in lense and cornea, but can't reshape the eye socket itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread