What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That sounds great BBabe.
The skies have cleared up and it's turned out to be a pretty nice day here in Minnesota. I'm going to grab my Longbow and head to the archery range after work.
Range has a nice mile round walking trail the circles through the woods and has 15 targets setup for shooting arrows into. Get a nice walk, shoot some arrows through my bow and I usually see some Deer, Turkeys, Tweety Birds, Swans, Geese, and other assorted wildlife in there, once and a while hear a Coyote howling. One of my most favorite places to be in the big city I live in.

Last edited:
Another positive thing: Dinner's almost ready.

Don't leave it on the stove too long Local Chinese Restaurant is cooking my dinner tonight

The best part about the range is it's only about 10 miles from the house. It's actually on the North end of a big county park with acres and acres of woods, biking and hiking trails, and a couple little lakes.

Roskilde Airshow today.
More in a separate thread elsewhere soon.

Btw, here's a few teasers.

Attachments

• 0239.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 0128small.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 0282.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 0955small.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Won a Sterling Stearman (PT-17) control line model on that auction site on Friday. Been trying to get one for a couple years now and was always outbid. Hope to convert it into a small electric or 4-Stroke R/C model?

My friends Xbox Live got hacked last week, Microsoft got it back and the idiot who hacked my friend left his credit card in. I'll just say my friend had fun with the credit card.

Had a Dr. appointment this morning. Blood pressure 132 over 80. I havn't seen those numbers since I was 40 !!
Back pain is gone, slight ache in the right hip, but I can live with that. Doc recommends I go ahead with the
epidural steroid injections [spinals] on the 31st. Feel pretty good, for a change !!

Charles

Good to hear that it's going in the right direction with you, CC.

My good thing for today is reading Frederick Forsyth's book: The Shepherd, with illustrations by Chris Foss.
Found it used, bought it for 5 dkr.
Me likes.

Last edited:
Just finished two books:
Toliver and Constable: Fighter General.
Baker: Adolf Galland.

- and just ordered a few more from my library:

Robert Forsyth: JV 44: The Galland Circus.
Werner Held Anton Weiler: Adolf Galland: Ein Fliegerleben in Krieg und Frieden. Bilder und Dokumente.
Donald Caldwell: The JG 26 War Diary, vol. 1 + 2.
Donald Caldwell: JG 26: The Top Guns of the Luftwaffe.

Next will be Hans-Ulrich Rudels book. Not that I'm particularly interested in Stukas or the Eastern Front during WW2, but it sure look interesting.
"Stuka Pilot: The War Memoirs of Hans-Ulrich Rudel" is the title.

Got the Forsyth and Caldwell books, good reads, lots of interesting info!...Enjoy BB

Users who are viewing this thread