WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay...

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it Chris, but would maybe reverse it - net logo across the front, and avatars/ sigs across the back, or avs/ sigs across the front without the writing? That format would look good on a black t-shirt I reckon.

Just an idea, it might be too complicated and expensive but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case:

How about made-to-order personalized shirts, for instance order a shirt that has your avatar and display name on it, plus the ww2aircraft.net address?

Hey guys
Definitely count me in! I'd put a pic on both sides..... something in a similar vein to the back.... But what?? I'd go for something German but that is where my modeling preferences lay!

in front the picture of luftwaffe os usaf, or raf, or japanese, or russian, etc... aces.

in back the logo of his air force and the address of the forum.

i know that luftwaffe logo that i draw sux, god i wish know to draw, but i dont. im sure you guys could make a better looking over that idea.

IMO, I don't think you could do a specific plane as there are too many to choose from and too many people wouldn't get the one they want. It would have to be something more general.

the idea of sig lines is good. another magazine/forum here in aus did that, and it looked great. It's a 4x4 thing, so they had sayings like "Get dirty online" and "If you get stuck, you're not trying hard enough" (I tried finding a picture of it, but I can't.)

I think the Luftwaffe symbol may be seen the wrong way by many of the general public.

What about a vote on the best piece of Nose art and reproduce the winner? And of course, have the web address on there too..... Maybe a generic fighter silhouette on the front left breast too?

EDIT: Knocked this up.....

Attachments

• ww2aircraft1.JPG
    ww2aircraft1.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 257
the idea of sig lines is good. another magazine/forum here in aus did that, and it looked great. It's a 4x4 thing, so they had sayings like "Get dirty online" and "If you get stuck, you're not trying hard enough" (I tried finding a picture of it, but I can't.)

I think the Luftwaffe symbol may be seen the wrong way by many of the general public.

What about a vote on the best piece of Nose art and reproduce the winner? And of course, have the web address on there too..... Maybe a generic fighter silhouette on the front left breast too?

EDIT: Knocked this up.....

dont see why, because the luftwaffe cross is used by the germans in their air force until today...

dont see why, because the luftwaffe cross is used by the germans in their air force until today...

In the US, any WW2 german insignia still has a negative connotation. Skin heads, prison gangs, outlaw bikers and racists have taken the symbol as their own.

The luft cross is not a good idea in the states
... unless you are a neo-nazi on parole that rides a Harley chopper to the tattoo shop to get more tats of German crosses.

I do like the idea of using a design done in a nose art fashion...

In the US, any WW2 german insignia still has a negative connotation. Skin heads, prison gangs, outlaw bikers and racists have taken the symbol as their own.

The luft cross is not a good idea in the states
... unless you are a neo-nazi on parole that rides a Harley chopper to the tattoo shop to get more tats of German crosses.

I do like the idea of using a design done in a nose art fashion...

iv heard that bikers uses iron cross and german helmets because that "fashion" started with the "rockers" of the 50´s in england.

also the skinhead movement in its origins have nothing with racism or nazi ideologies, nazi skins appeared later, influenceated by a band called "blood honour", the nazi skins are called "boneheads" by obvious reasons. such a jerks...

i would like to honour the german pilots because as you see in the movies and in the documentarys, they havent the fair recognize for their battles and their victories. its not about political ideology but honour their skills, their tactics their weapons and also their victories.

I think if there's a T-shirt it should be as generic as possible. You won't satisfy everyone for starters, so you might as well do your best.

You can't pick a faction or individual pilot, you can almost not even choose a plane, as everyone has their favourite! You can put it to a vote, but then you still will have unhappy campers. At least a vote would be a put up or shut up scenario.

I'll chuck in ideas as they come to me, but ultimately, admin will have to say "This is it", and if you don't like it, then don't offer interest. If all goes well, you might see a second design come in in a few months time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back