WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay... (1 Viewer)

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
By last count, there would be 90 shirts ordered. This would get expensive to do.

Exactly... a wise man once said:

"Trying to add too much information on a t-shirt will never work. You cant make every one happy and you'll end up with a mess."

Creativity by committee is a huge mistake. Have a contest.. choose the one best design ... simple...

Keep the shirt simple guys....

Either a Poll on the back with maybe a pic of the winner of said poll at the top or just a single pic with a saying/logo.... Something simple...

Ive been a part of 2 t shirts froma different board many moons ago, one had a poll and one was after 9-11 and had a saying on the back about taking the gloves off....

White tshirt would be favored as it would fade the least after 30 something washes... Shirt with pic would fade drastically whereas one with just text would last alot longer.....

I have a suggestion...

Every year I go to the States for a Warbird holiday, I normally print off a few designs of my own and iron them on plain old Tshirts. This costs me about £10.00 for the A4 size iron on sheets (normally around 10 to 15 sheets a pack) and you can get specific iron-ons for both white and coloured shirts. These iron-on sheets are readily available in most countries and are probably available in other sizes apart from A4. And all you need is a computer...duh !...and a standard colour printer !

My suggestion is that with all the artisitic dudes on this forum, that we create a 'design depository' where designs that are cleared by those in power are offered for download and then its up to the downloader to get the design he / she likes and iron it on thier own shirts.

Plus marks are no delay in getting the chosen design...and the designs could / would be updated regularly...and the only cost is the iron on transfer sheets. When it starts getting tatty, you have an old t-shirt for whatever, and you simply look at the download pics on offer and do another one. And perhaps more importantly, no-one gets stung with the cost of the original order from a manufacturer and all the associated hassle of getting everyones payment by what ever method, so no-one ends up out of pocket.

Phoooweeee...who wants iron-ons, they dont last !. Well actually, yes they do, some of mine are now 3 years old plus and admitidly the colours are fading a bit, but for what it cost me, I'm not complaining, and if I really needed a new looking one, I'd just print off and get ironing again.

And you can do your signature block with the left overs and iron that on the front as well...great for forum meets !

Another option could be that instead of a site T-Shirt, how about a baseball hat ?. I have one from another forum I belong to and even tho's its embroidered, it was still cheap....you have that added bonus that normally with nowadays, one size fits all with that adjustable band at the back.

I'll do one ...T-shirt !...this weekend and post up some pics for you guys to look at. And dont worry, it wont be worn in public so no worries about copyright etc as I'll use my own pics. this will be purely for a 'test'

Great idea GeeDee. I had thought about that but I didn't think Horse would be too keen on people using his logo/site name/etc without his knowledge and/or control.

Sorry for delay guys...my main pc is still T*ts up. Aiming to get it sorted this weekend (need a new motherboard so might end up getting a faster processor as well !) if I can get the parts I need at a reasonable price, then I can sort out the graphics and print and iron.

I'm still struggling with my laptop at the moment, so not posting much.

People frequenting the siggy section saw these already. But looking at them, I thought something like this (or an enhanced version) could be a nice subject for the t-shirt. What do you think. Could be any plane of course as you can see in my siggy:
87674.jpg

87675.jpg

87676.jpg

Great idea, but sooner or later, the whole website design is gonna change, making that idea obsolete....

What we really need is someone with a connection to the silk screening business... That and some extra cash to front the production of x # of shirts.....

I know a guy that printed some shirts for me for my last unit. He did not charge an up front screen charge, and didn't have a set minimum order either. He should be able to get any type of t-shirt or material you would like. I had V-22 PT t-shirts made from wicking material w/ front/back printing in one color. I could probably get pics of the shirts and and send you guys his contact info. He's a good dude, although sometimes slow w/ response time. PM me if you would like more info.

Great idea, but sooner or later, the whole website design is gonna change, making that idea obsolete....

What we really need is someone with a connection to the silk screening business... That and some extra cash to front the production of x # of shirts.....

I believe my friends wife works at a printing shop. I will have to ask him when her returns from vacation.

I would definitely buy one if there was a properly fitting female version. I know, picky, picky..and more expensive. Most T-shirts fit like an average four-person tent. Make a nice sexy little women's T-shirt and I'll be the first in line. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back