1/48 Arii supermarine spitfire LF MKVIII A58-517 Hava-go-jo Morotai early 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks guys.
continue advancing the device, having just cleaning up these disastrous marriages did I give it a pulidita and glossy black paint everything with:

IMG_0001-2_zps4f9f4b5d.jpg

IMG_0002-2_zps75ec6596.jpg

this has a reason poliureteano painting grabs better so in this way the effect is time to do better and the color is much more alive, is as white before red.
Paint with Mate aluminum of lara, polyurethane paint, and was discontinued a few years ago but I found where to find it by the liter.

IMG_0003-2_zps7e5f8597.jpg

IMG_0004-2_zps82ee0234.jpg

IMG_0005-2_zpsa5216bb9.jpg

The following will darl some salt and some hair spray to make the chips.

Thanks for the words.
Paul that got it, the important thing is to moisten water and saturate the area, although I have some treatment done I have to do one of the machine of the guns and machines gun until to further explain after the hair spray while since that camouflage this finish, and start the white

Last edited:
let's see if I explain well the pics I've been taking to explain paul.
If you have any questions I will answer query delighted smoothly.
broad brush pallet.

IMG_0001-2_zpscd68eada.jpg

moisten it, as if we were to paint dry brush, apply throughout the area to place the salt.

IMG_0003-2_zps3d774855.jpg

the pics so you can see that the amount of water applied is almost negligible, this is to prevent the salt dissolves leaving the salt that we would throw the paint to lose.

IMG_0002-2_zps41441007.jpg

we take the salt without problems on lack better.

IMG_0004-2_zps632b05fb.jpg

allow it to dry for at least 30 minutes, the grain is not glued will go with just turning the plane, leaving nothing but salt and grabbed hit humidity is usually a two or three applications as I do so I have more control as you can see the salt is very uneven and needs more amount in one or bulls mienteras other side has in excess.

IMG_0005-2_zpsb08a646d.jpg

after repeating the process every time a more localized area is so is simply patience, practice and prevent accumulation of water as is the loss of time as always saldra saltpeter for demos and more layers will shortly finished painting the model begin to rot and fall off or if the plastic is not quality ireparables damage can occur in the plastic by their decomposition

IMG_0006-2_zps12fdec8f.jpg

the next thing I do is the nuanced chipping for it I do is with a fine brush-bristle (I have a brush that takes me more than 20 years), you can make the brush with an old brush that be used because they are already very spoiled, as my case, dip the brush in fast drying glue the ends leaving half brush the glue to dry this hardened bristle brush so that the force has yet captures essential water to work well salt and can draw and paste elsewhere.

IMG_0007-2_zpsaaaed03d.jpg

wet brush having the fine tip dry there is no need only be taken into account that the cannula of the bristles can not generate a droplet I repeat would give us a lot of problems, let us working according salt like drawing of where we do not see that we like and it captures moisture qeu salt can be placed elsewhere, I usually put in interpaneles in step to homogenize the mechanical wear and not look like islands chipping marks.

IMG_0009-1_zps92e85e14.jpg

I leave it to dry for 24 to 32 hours to harden salt finish the wet and painted with paint to taste but has to take into account that such vallejo when waterborne salt can dissolve so must be lighter hands.

I personally have proven with different paints and I like most is the Vallejo for its poor grip so the next step will be because of using vallejo.

I put a pic of how you can do the ups and downs of color in the areas of the panels

IMG_0018-1_zpse15fcd06.jpg

Last edited:
thank you all.
the fact that this technique can be used to heavy wear very little to wear, if you want to make a very light wear after you remove salt gives color filters which runs wear very real and not exaggerated .

Well, next step, use the green paint vallejo model air, for a reason, if mixed with solvent produces mr color paint that keeps the color but disappears vinyl base paint making it much stronger and better grip that if to paint with an amount of 6 and 3 drops of solvent have to add as 5 ml of acetone to dissolve it, does not dissolve something else, give a light hand (as always) of base color on her and I have left the color in the bowl I add black lines painted panels, then with white and yellow interior panels, paint dry all over the green light to finish no lower cover painting color variation

IMG_0019-1_zps9e02cc00.jpg

IMG_0026-1_zps455b499b.jpg

IMG_0027-1_zps12776cb2.jpg

give a hand is medium light gray to the bottom of the plane I've been here at the moment, my shift starts tonight so I can give as little of ire followed slowly making him things but slower.

IMG_0025-1_zps6e9348a5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back