1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got the Dark Earth on, Dark Green next.
PIC 1. The upper and lower surface demarcation has been masked, and also those areas where over-spray might reach.
PIC 2. A slight variation on my usual method - the upper surface camouflage pattern has been marked in pencil as usual, but this time I'll spray the colours separately, rather than do the Dark Earth with the Green overlaid. Note the prominent letter 'Bs', just to remind me which areas should be brown!
PIC 3. The Dark Earth (Humbrol No.29 enamel) has been sprayed, roughly following the pencil lines. The true pattern will be made when the Green is sprayed.
The paint should be dry enough now, so I'm off to spray the Dark Green. Pics later.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 128.jpg
    BC Hurricane 128.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 64
  • BC Hurricane 132.jpg
    BC Hurricane 132.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BC Hurricane 125.jpg
    BC Hurricane 125.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 59
Nice free hand work on the painting can't wait to see it finnished.

Thanks Glenn and Woody. Got the first coat of Dark Green on, using Humbrol No.163 satin enamel, which has more 'depth' than the matt No.30, giving a better contrast (the airframes were resprayed in the Dark Earth, over Ocean Grey, on arrival in India).
As I suspected with this paint, it was rather thin, with a heavy carrier to pigment content, and takes some time to dry, and then does so patchy. No major problem though (I hope!) as, after a second, tighter coat, and then the clear coats, it should all even out nicely.
I'll let this first coat dry for at least 18 hours, before applying another coat (and eliminating the splotch on the starboard wing!), then it'll be time for some subtle shading and weathering.
Thanks again for your interest and compliments.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 133.jpg
    BC Hurricane 133.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 58
Just spent the last 20 minutes catching up on your week's progress Terry and I must say you've achieved an impressive amount of quality work in that short time. Excellent work mate!

Thanks very much Andy and chaps. Hope you had a good trip Andy.
I'm hoping to get the second coat of green on tonight, and then remove the masks and complete any re-touching which might be needed - pics later, maybe.

All re-touching is now done, and some staining, weathering and dirt applied. Next stage is to apply a couple of coats of gloss clear, then make some stencil decals and start on the markings.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 142.jpg
    BC Hurricane 142.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 80
  • BC Hurricane 137.jpg
    BC Hurricane 137.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 78
Thanks very much Andy. This one's not going to be quite as dusty as the Spit, but there's still a bit more subtle weathering to do after the clear coats. More soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back