1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you my friends, and glad you like the 'pit Max.
It's getting there slowly, but I think it might turn out reasonable in the end, for an old kit. And to think, this was the 'norm', not that many years ago - long before all the 'made for you', easy-peasy resin and PE bits. Keeps the old 'grey cells' working, sorting out how to do this or that, and is very satisfying - after a few curses here and there!!
Just wish my hands still worked properly - maybe I'd do a better job!!

Thanks Bill.
Here's where I'm up to so far.
PIC 1 The tropical filter in place, but not yet sealed or polished.
PICS 2 and 3. The radiator and oil cooler painted, and the rad bath in place. Holes have been drilled for the internal bracing struts, and these will be made and fitted after painting, along with the shutter and its actuators.
PIC 4. Holes have been drilled for the rudder actuating cables and horns, which will be fitted later, and also indentations made for the rudder hinges. The tail lamp has also been drilled out, and will be painted and glazed near completion of the model, and the redundant rudder antenna wire post removed, as this aircraft was fitted with VHF radio, replacing the old TR9D, hence no wire.
PICS 5 and 6. the tail-planes and elevators before and after correction, with the ejector pin marks removed, the correct forward hinge line engraved and the old, angled one removed, and the leading edge fairing joint engraved. The parts have yet to be cleaned and polished in this pic.
PICS 7 and 8. How the model looks to date.
Next stage is to fit and blend-in the cannons, clean up as required, and then prime overall to check for any final filling which may be required.
Thanks again for your kind comments, and I'll post another up-date soon.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 107.jpg
    BC Hurricane 107.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 80
  • BC Hurricane 106.jpg
    BC Hurricane 106.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 80
  • BC Hurricane 101.jpg
    BC Hurricane 101.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 82
  • BC Hurricane 100.jpg
    BC Hurricane 100.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BC Hurricane 099.jpg
    BC Hurricane 099.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 79
  • BC Hurricane 103.jpg
    BC Hurricane 103.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 77
  • BC Hurricane 003.jpg
    BC Hurricane 003.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 79
  • BC Hurricane 102.jpg
    BC Hurricane 102.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 77
Thank you all very much ! It's certainly progressing, now that the main 'fiddly bits' are done, although it's taken around 40 hours so far. Still a lot of small things to do or add, then clean-up and prime. The landing gear, doors and canopy will take some time, and the prop needs 'enhancing' slightly, so still a lot to do, but I hope to get some painting started this weekend.

Final bits are done before priming to check for flaws.
PIC 1. The generator intake and exhaust pipes are in place, and the small air scoop on the wing fillet. all from stretched sprue.
PIC 2. The wing trailing edge joint is filled, and a small hole drilled for the retractable step, which will be made and fitted at the end of the build.
PIC 3. The rudder control horns are in place, shaped from stretched sprue. the control cables will be added after painting the model.
PIC 4. The cannons have been fitted, and will have their fairings blended-in after priming. To the right is the gun camera fairing, made from a piece of sprue filed to shape and drilled.
PIC 5. Work under way improving the prop and spinner. The blades were rather 'flat' in profile across the chord, particularly on their rear faces, and the roots were almost part of the spinner. The back-plate also needed sanding to eradicate a pronounced lip.
All being well, I should get the priming and any imperfections taken care of tomorrow, and hopefully spray the first base colour on Sunday.
thanks again for your interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 111.jpg
    BC Hurricane 111.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 84
  • BC Hurricane 114.jpg
    BC Hurricane 114.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 93
  • BC Hurricane 088.jpg
    BC Hurricane 088.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 89
  • BC Hurricane 109.jpg
    BC Hurricane 109.jpg