1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much indeed chaps, I do appreciate your comments.
The cockpit is now in place, and the fuselage halves joined. There's a slight gap and 'step' at the joint of the upper rear bulkhead and fuselage, which I expected, but this can easily be filled with plastic strip and blended to shape. Overall though, I'm fairly happy with the way it's turned out, looking convincingly 'busy', compared to the otherwise empty void.
I'll post some pics either later tonight or sometime tomorrow, when the work is completed.

Thanks very much Hugh and Woody.
Here's the latest update.
PICS 1 and 2. How the cockpit looks, minus the gun sight and windscreen.
PIC 3. That gap and step in the rear bulkhead.
PIC 4. The area corrected with plastic card strips, and in the process of being sanded to shape. This will be primed to check for imperfections, then re-painted in the interior colour.
PIC 5. The nose area has been slightly re-profiled, and the moulded oil collector ring reduced in circumference, with a length of stretched sprue added to emphasis the ring itself. This will be sanded to shape and cleaned-up once fully set. The two small holes in the middle of the cowling have yet to have the breather pipes added, from stretched sprue.
PIC 6. Cockpit ventilation louvres have been added to both sides, again from stretched sprue, and await shaping and clean-up in this pic.
PICS 7 and 8. The wing is on, and the joints will be attended to once fully set. The port landing lamp hasn't fully cleared inside the cover, but I've got an idea for this for later.
PICS 9 and 10. Work under way improving the tropical ait filter intake, which will be fitted once the wing joints are done.
Thank you all once again for your kind comments, and I'll post another up-date soon.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 086.jpg
    BC Hurricane 086.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 88
  • BC Hurricane 096.jpg
    BC Hurricane 096.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 86
  • BC Hurricane 095.jpg
    BC Hurricane 095.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88
  • BC Hurricane 098.jpg
    BC Hurricane 098.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
  • BC Hurricane 090.jpg
    BC Hurricane 090.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 91
  • BC Hurricane 078.jpg
    BC Hurricane 078.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 87
  • BC Hurricane 093.jpg
    BC Hurricane 093.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 90
  • BC Hurricane 083.jpg
    BC Hurricane 083.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 107
  • BC Hurricane 097.jpg
    BC Hurricane 097.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 86
  • BC Hurricane 077.jpg
    BC Hurricane 077.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 90
Thanks very much guys - maybe I'll get better when I'm 16 !!
I should get some more done tomorrow, so I'll post pics then. Got the tidying-up done, now moving on to fitting the tropical filter, radiator bath and internal braces, then start correcting the tailplanes/elevators. Once that's done, it'll be time for a primer coat and correct any snags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back