1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work on the seat and frame Terry. Just been reading a book on the Hurricane and one pilot complaining about the lack of a floor in the pit so anything that was dropped could'nt be recovered in flight and how everytime he went inverted he was showered with all the debris and dropped items like maps, screwdrivers and spanners.

And dust or muddy water! Same in the Spit, although at least the Hurricane had proper heel boards to stand on when getting out!

Thanks Jan and Hugh.
Got a bit more done, although the rudder pedals, levers and knobs still have to be made and fitted. It's getting rather cramped now!
PICS 1 to 3 Show the cockpit structure so far, with the trim wheel, undercart lever, friction knob, control column and other odds and ends fitted.
PICS 4 and 5 Show the beginnings of the side wall fittings, yet to be trimmed and tidied. The basic instrument panel has also been made.
PIC 6. In order to clear the lower cockpit structure, and large hole had to be cut in the wing-top centre section. This is useful, as it will give 'depth' to the whole area.
Next step is to paint all the details, then make and add the Sutton harness. Thanks again for your kind comments and interest.
Oops! I loaded the pics in the wrong order! I'm sure you'll work it out though!!

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 052.jpg
    BC Hurricane 052.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 100
  • BC Hurricane 057.jpg
    BC Hurricane 057.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 110
  • BC Hurricane 054.jpg
    BC Hurricane 054.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 88
  • BC Hurricane 062.jpg
    BC Hurricane 062.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 91
  • BC Hurricane 058.jpg
    BC Hurricane 058.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 91
  • BC Hurricane 053.jpg
    BC Hurricane 053.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
"WOW" Terry haven't been keeping tabs on this thread before, such well described and close detail it's just blows me away. Good stuff mate and looking forward to more.

All the bits are painted, although there is still some touch-up to do here and there, and the Sutton harness isn't quite finished.
PICS 1 and 2 show the cockpit structure with the final levers etc added and painted. The throttle grip will be added from PVA once the cockpit is fitted into one fuselage half, and the seat harness buckles have yet to be made and added, from foil, like the belts.
PICS 3 and 4. The side walls painted and the details picked out. The lower sections have been painted dark green to create more depth, and the kit's instrument panel decal stuck to a plastic card template. I was going to attempt to make a new panel, but realised that the decals would have problems, and I also seem to have mislaid the correct sized drill bit to make the instrument holes! The notch in the top of the panel will be fitted with the gun sight mount and sight, once they're made, after painting the model.
PIC 5. The hole in the wing centre section has also been painted dark green, again to add some depth and shadow.
Next step is to finish the tidying-up, then fit the cockpit and join the fuselage halves.
Thanks again for your compliments and continued interest, and I'll get some more progress pics soon.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 065.jpg
    BC Hurricane 065.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 79
  • BC Hurricane 064.jpg
    BC Hurricane 064.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 69
  • BC Hurricane 070.jpg
    BC Hurricane 070.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 72
  • BC Hurricane 074.jpg
    BC Hurricane 074.jpg