1:570 HMS King George V - Unofficial GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek, I will definately try that putty stuff on these gaps.

Great pics! Not sure how I should do that weathering though, but it'll be something to worry about later.

What's your opinion on dry-brushing? Seems top me that it is pretty simple and will aid in emphisizing the features, like deck planking. Would it be a good idea to use this on the deck? Remember I don't know anything about this stuff only what I read on the internet. Would value your opinion before I try it on this model.

Last edited:
Marcel,

The weathering isn't too difficult to make. But as usually you have to remember about the model scale. In other words the weathering effects have to be of the same scale. As a result some of experience and practical skills are needed. Making of such effects on models with raised panel lines isn't a good idea often because you may get just a dirty model instead. Therefore making of the weathering should be planned much earlier. For instance, before attaching turrets , quarter-decks, etc. It makes our work easier. Well... to answer your question... I would let the deck as it is now. Later, when the main block of the model is almost finished, we may have a look at it again and decide if there is any possibility of the weathering applying. I would wait, in my opinion.

Details, details...
20150320_0007.jpg

20150320_0009.jpg

20150320_0013.jpg

Found out that I'm doing the wrong clour scheme. The model has it's catapult with Walrus aircraft, a configuration before the refitting of 1944. I do roughly the 2 tone grey scheme which was used from mid 1944 into 1945, when she didn't have the aircraft anymore.

The wartime modifications to the HMS King George V ..

wartime modifications.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back