1/72 Academy TBF-1 Avenger Heavy Hitters Group Build

The fiddle bits remaining for the avenger. Now to wait for the new blue in the mail, the kit should be on pause. I plan to rework the whole paint job, as I had some bad masks which caused little splatters where I didnt want them. The engine was given a burnt umber oil wash for some sludge (its still wet in the pic).
 

Attachments

  • PICT1221.JPG
    PICT1221.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 216
  • PICT1222.JPG
    PICT1222.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 206
Looking back at the first pic I saw some chunky material and some prevailing seams on the right landing gear.. cleaned that up just now.
 
Just messed around with the oil paints to have a satisfactory taste of what can be accomplished.. dont mind the dirty surface, its not in the paint.. I just didnt feel like cleaning the crap off. Left wing is bare, and the right wing is where I tried some white and dark blue washes for a fade effect. Though i'd probably build it up this is just the start. Might as well practice while I wait for the new blue..
 

Attachments

  • PICT1224.JPG
    PICT1224.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 210
  • PICT1223.JPG
    PICT1223.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 212
Thanks boys.. still waiting for the new blue to come. Then rework the whole paint job, new masks and everything. No biggie after dealing with the Lib, seems a bit easy!
 
Might not make it Capt.. Sam's got all my free time at the moment. Could have a shot with the extension though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back