1/72 MPM Bristol Blenheim Mk1F, 600 Sqn Manston Air Base, BQ*G BoB Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I haven't used putty for years, I almost exclusively use thick CA. Only down side is you have to finish all the filing,sanding and polishing right away or it gets too hard to work with.

I got some work done on those huge gaps in the wing roots of the Blenheim tonight.

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

I have just gone through the whole thread. Nice work so far. I can't wait the finall effect. :)

To be honest I'm not so sure the adheasive I use for canopys will work very well on this one. Unlike most canopies this one hangs off the front of the aircraft as opposed to sitting on top. I want to use something stronger but I;m afraid of the glass hazing. Will soaking the canopy in future prevent this from hazing?

Most of the time I use Testors tube glue for the canopies. As long as you coat the inside and outside with Future there won't be any hazing. Just scrape the Future off the mating surface of the canopy and the paint off the mating surface of the plane so the glue sticks and apply it sparingly with a toothpick of one of those plastic tips made for the Testors tube glue.

I use that stuff from time to time also, and it works fine, but be prepared to hold the canopy in place for a wile if it doesn't stay by it's self with no glue because it does not have any holding power until it starts to dry, and that takes a wile.

Nice job Dirk. Makes me want to pick one up. I've always liked the way they look.

I use the same stuff for canopies. I usually switch between that and Micro Kristal Klear depending on which one is closer at the time. They seem to be pretty similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back