Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX Mates.

We should remeber that a paint can be a very good preservative against a glue.That's why I had applied some Mascol at all of these places where any part had to be sticked.For instance the engine mount.

Attachments

• em1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 363
We should remeber that a paint can be a very good preservative against a glue.That's why I had applied some Mascol at all of these places where any part had to be sticked.

Why on earth have i never thought of that ? its so simple a five year old could
have thought about it ! no more cleaning up painted area's where the glue has
got to go, what a numpty i am. Thanks Wurger.

ian

Lookin real good Wojtek.... How long do u have to go with the deadline???

Thank you.

Dan the model has already been done. The deadline was on the 21st July. I have been on time though. The Pitot tube was sticked on that day.And it was the last part I had to attach.

Step by step we will work up to that Terry.

Here main landing gear legs.These needed to be cleaned.Especially these mould seams on sides.Later I have removed some plastic between these disks and shock absorbers from their tops.

Attachments

• lg1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 331
  • lg2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 343
  • lg3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 341
  • lg4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 334
  • lg5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
You are right Terry. Many of the kit parts are moulded wrongly, especially now when all moulds are quite old.
If we have a look at these legs we can notice cavities at the leg tips and disks. Fortunately these areas become out of eyeshot. And I didn't correct these mistakes. I have added imitations of brake pipes made of brassy wire.Also fixed wheel hubs.As tyres are rubber I attached them at the end.

Attachments

• lg9.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 342
  • lg8.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 349
  • lg7.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 353
  • lg6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 334
THX Mate.

The tail struts...

Attachments

• ts1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 286
  • ts1a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 284
  • ts1b.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 290
Very neat work Wojtek. What did you use to make the retaining bands for the brake lines?

THX all.

Terry...these retaining bands for brake pipes are made of aluminium foil. I gather a such pieces of the foil every New Year Eve. Of course champagne is moved from bottles to my stomach firstly.

Here the model spinner and the prop. The spinner is fine and needed to be cleaned only. But the propeller had cavities at the rear areas of blades. I used the Tamiya White putty and sand paper for correcting.Also the prop blades needed to be shaped a little bit.

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 282
  • sp1a.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 315
  • sp1b.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 296
  • sp1c.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 289

Users who are viewing this thread