Are we alone ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the best proof that its intelligent life out there is that they have not contacted us ( that we ordinary deadly know of )
as we blow up nuclear bombs on our own planet.. how inteligent is that ? this is all we have folks..and we do our best to destroy it..
and it has to other planets out there.. millions teeming with life :) and maybe some evolved long before us and are exstinct now..and others are just starting..and others are on the same level as us.. Einstein made a math thing on this and i dont remember what the numbers were but the conclusions was that it was millions of planets with life

Attachments

• earth-1.jpg
    earth-1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 156
Are we alone, no. are there any UFO's yes. are they from another world no.

impossible for there not to be other life elsewhere even our galaxy will have thousands of examples of life.

Many objects/lights etc seen in the skies remain unexplained however I have never believed them to be from another world I suggest if aliens had the techknowledgy to travel the vast distances needed inorder to reach this speck of dust being unable to be stealthy would be like a F15 lacking anything more powerful than a bow and arrow.

Are we alone, no. are there any UFO's yes. are they from another world no.

impossible for there not to be other life elsewhere even our galaxy will have thousands of examples of life.

Many objects/lights etc seen in the skies remain unexplained however I have never believed them to be from another world I suggest if aliens had the techknowledgy to travel the vast distances needed inorder to reach this speck of dust being unable to be stealthy would be like a F15 lacking anything more powerful than a bow and arrow.

I agree. Seems odd that some hyper intelligent space-time bending alien civilisation would invest all the effort recquired to get here just to stick a probe up a red necks behind or kill a few cows!
When we invest time and effort in exploration (even on our own planet) we are looking for a payback. Columbus didn't go to the new world because he thought it was there - he was looking for a trade advantage and was rather surprised it was in his way! Often now we are looking for ever diminishing resources. I'm not sure I'd like to visit Antarctica in 100 years time.
Someone asked what the universe is expanding into. the answer is nothing.You can not apply commom sense to this type of question!
Steve

I believe it is likley that life exists on other planets , but I am sceptical that they have travelled her to gawk at us. Einstein has shown that it is impractical for mass to travel beyond the speed of light. In crude times, he showed that as velocity relative to surroundings approaches C (the speed of light) the amount of energy needed to achieve accelaration increases exponentionally. Another way to explain it is that the mass of the object increases as C is approached.

Einsteins theories have been tested many times, and shows no signs of being disproved. However some scientists have postulated that Einsteins special theory of relativity his socalled theory of curved space, may hold the key to future space travel. I dont fully understand this stuff, so the best I can do is approximate. The theory goes something like this...essentially that the time space contiuum is like a series of folds in a blanket, and that it may be possible to cross through these folds to arrive at a other point in time and space....jumping through the folds, rather than taking the long way round. This stuff has often been speculated on in movies and such, but there is a serious body of theoretical postulation behind the fiction.

However travelling to distant stars to explore those stars, and their solar systems is not really needed. We ourselves are on the verge of developing technology that will allow us to "see" the planets of distant stars. Why would the little gree men get into spaceships when they would be able to observall they needed to observe from a telescope???

As far as I know the SETI project has yet to find any evidence of intelligent life out there. We should keep looking, but we also need to base our belief systems on what is observable and logical. The best we can say about the possibility of life is that it is likley, but unproven. The possibility of intelligent life visiting us seems a little far fetched. That does not rule out unmanned alien craft visiting us.

As for warlike intentions....thats utterly fanciful......there would be many other planets they could utilise without upsetting their neighbours

I believe that their is mold "out their"... their could be something "intelligent" someplace, but until its scientifically proven I'm not jumping on the bandwagon. The only thing I'm willing to stick my neck out and say is that their is some kind of life out their...but its probably mold or microbes.

We have never been visited...I don't care what people say, it aint happened. I would be far more likely to believe in some type of un-maned "time machine" from the future...:shock:

]We have never been visited...I don't care what people say, it ain't happened. I would be far more likely to believe in some type of un-manned time machine from the future...
Your opinion is no less valid than anyone's
but why send a time machine back from the future when events of the now are so well documented, all they'd need to do was root through their archives. Sounds alot cheaper.

Are we alone? No, there are many people in the world loving warbirds...
Oh about the universe? :oops:

Didn't you know that Earth will be destroyed in other to make an inter-galactic bypass? The plans have been on display at Alpha Centaury for many years.

Last edited:
We have never been visited...I don't care what people say, it aint happened. I would be far more likely to believe in some type of un-maned "time machine" from the future...:shock:

Many physicists believe time travel to be theoretically possible but you would be unable to go back in time. Not least because of the paradox that would be created. How can a time machine exist at a time before it was invented?
Steve

Many physicists believe time travel to be theoretically possible but you would be unable to go back in time. Not least because of the paradox that would be created. How can a time machine exist at a time before it was invented?
Steve

I cant do the physics forthis question, but it is tied up with Einsteins theories of relativity. The faster you go, the slower time moves. If you could somehow exceed the speed of light time would actually start to go backwards. This is known to to be impossible with our current knowledge of the phyics of matter.

"The standard equation for "time dilation" is that the time passing on Earth will equal the time on the object * 1/sqrt(1-((v*v)/(c*c))), where v is the velocity of the object and c is the speed of light. At v=c this goes to infinity, or in other words, time would stop for an object moving at the speed of light. This is not a problem because objects can't go at the speed of light -- it would take an infinite amount of energy (and their mass would also become infinite)."

(Dr. Eric Christian)

However, there are a lot of things we dont understand....or at least I dont understand. Light is the only phenomena that travels at the speed of light. Light is generally considered to be just energy, with no mass, and formed as an energy wavelength. However this "wave" theory does not explain all of the properties of light. In some respects it displays the characteristics if particles. This is where photon theory comes into effect. But if light is also a particle, then it must have mass, if it has mass, relativity does not have validity.

My knowledge of this physics is over 30 years old....I was hoping some you younger science geeks might have more up to date knowledge of this stuff....

I'm reading a neat book on astrophysics named "The Five Ages of the Universe". The authors require the reader to deal with and comprehend immensely large numbers ..... numbers so large he has invented a new time scale.

The present age of our universe is approx 10 billion years of age. He puts this as the "first" cosmological decade.

The universe will be teeming with the formation of stars untill the end of the 14th cosmological decade (which is one hundred trillion years from now, or 100,000,000,000,000 years in long form). that is an incredibly long time for life to have formed and evolved in intelligent beings.

I'm now reading about what happens after the era we are living in now [the "stelliferous" era]. The author calls it the ""degenerate" era due to most of the matter in the universe is in the collapsed cores of the stars and is in that type of atomic state. This era is a tad long ..... from 15 to 39 cosmological decades [100 trillions years to 10^39 years] in the future.

And the next state, the "black hole era" is even longer ..... 40 to 100 cosmological decades [10^40 years to 10^100 years].

After that is the "dark era" ..... 101 cosmological decades and beyond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back