Beaupower32's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Here are some personal photos. Im no expert as you can tell, but these are some of my favorites. The last 2 is of me at work. The second to bottom im getting ready to do a engine run on a C-17, and the bottom one we were celibrating something with Pratt Whitney. It evades my memory at the moment. All I remember is that the F-15 behind had the First Original F-100 engine in and it was still flying missions. By the way, im in the very middle.

Last edited:
Here is what a Engine change looks like on a C-17. This was taken when I went to school to learn how to change the engines. Inside a building, We didnt have much room. But goes to shows what it takes to change a engine. Total time to change a engine is about 24-36 hours. 24 if you got a good crew. The actual engine change itself is easy, just putting the trailers in place is what takes so long. Plus warning tags and just making the aircraft safe is about a 8 hour job, including tow to a hanger. If anyone wants to know more about the C-17 and its engines, let me know, I will be glad to answer them.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments to the photos. Well, I went to the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum today in Savanna, Georgia. What a great place. Here are some pictures for yall to enjoy.

Pic#1: Wife and Baby girl in front of F-4 Phantom.
Pic#2: Mig 17
Pic#3: Nazi Flag flown somewhere in Germany during WW2 (didnt say where)
Pic#4: Ju88 Spinner
Pic#5: Swastica cut off Bf 109 after being shot down during Battle of Britain
Pic#6: Type B-22 Turbosupercharger
Pic#7: Wright R-1820-97 Cyclone Engine
Pic#8: B-17G "City of Savannah" under restoration
Pic#9: Restoration work Schedule
Pic#10: Model of B-17 undergoing Engine Change
Pic#11: The entire diarama ( it was pretty cool, I would say 20ft by 20ft of a entire flightline)
Pic#12: Inside look of the nose section
Pic#13: actual B-24 nose section
Pic#14: Rolls-Royce Merlin with a Allison in the back ground
Pic#15: Model of the Ploesti Raid
Pic#16: Inside of B-17G looking from tail entrance foward
Pic#17: Tail wheel assembly of B-17G
Pic#18: Actual Nose section with original Art work and bomb symbols (last 5 have ?'s in them)
Pic#19: Mig-21 Cockpit
Pic#20: Bf-109 Cockpit ( couldnt tell if it was real or not, very clean though gauges looked real)
Pic#21: Assorted ammo, 20mm in background, 13mm in front, with 30mm towering over all

I hope you all enjoyed these. Comments Please!

No, being a 8th Air Force Museum, it was more towards the B-17's and B-24's. No DB's or Jumo's. I wish they had more Luftwaffe stuff, but all well, It was cool seeing the B-17 getting restored.

Well, they could say the Axis had a direct relation to the Mighty 8th. A DB would be a great comparison to the two engines they have on display.

I agree, it's great to see them bringing another B-17 back and it's really cool that they make it a part of the museum where folks can get a view of the progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back